tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Problem with editing tools and emoticons

mudra
    mudra

Problem with editing tools and emoticons Empty Problem with editing tools and emoticons

Post  mudra Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:55 pm

I am often encountering difficulties to post in the Mists when logging in from my cell phone: the editing bar wouldn't show up at all and the emoticons although present can't be used.

What I did about this to no avail lately:

- log out and log in again
    - log in from another browser than firefox ( worked for a while and now no more
    - remove history
    - close all the windows I had opened in the Mists in the previous months

Today nothing worked so I have now to log in from an ipad or computer or forget about posting at all.

I noticed Swanny also mentionning lately encountering the same problem as mine with emoticons that just wouldn't work.

Any advice or bright idea that would solve the matter ?

Also it seems that when working from my ipad or previously from my phone I constantly need to size up the police I am using to 16 otherwise it comes out very small, possibly 12. Its quite annoying.
    I noticed others who don't do this have posts that  are hard for me to read like those of Nanu, Jenetta, Swanny, Micjer... Carol's posts come out with big letters and so  do those of Oxy.
    I suspect its because you post from your computer and not your phone ?
    This is a glitch I am encountering since a few months now but never before.
    Something changed.

Mercurial ?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Problem with editing tools and emoticons Empty Re: Problem with editing tools and emoticons

Post  Carol Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi mudra,

I've noticed that they've been doing some updating and maintenance on the forum of which I have no clue due to Mercurial being the tech person. He's not visited the forum for over a year now but I do have his cell phone number and can text him when needed.

I also post in 16 point due to how small the print is. So that's why it's larger. Oxy posts in larger type as well.

Since I always access the forum from a PC I've not had any of the problems you've described so it's a bloody mystery as to what the problem is.

You may need to upgrade your cell phone.. ??????

Not sure on how to advise you on this but Nanu may have a clue.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Problem with editing tools and emoticons Empty Re: Problem with editing tools and emoticons

Post  mudra Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:33 am

I bump my Opening Post hoping Mercurial catches it.
    BB code bar not showing up when I want to post through a cell phone.

ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am

Just did a quick test on my phone and found that the posting options are very limited when using the mobile version of the site.
    When using the web version through my phone, I get all of the same options that are there on my PC.
    If you’re using the Mobile version, try using the Web version. If that’s what you’re using already, it may be an issue that’s tied into your phone, rather than being a site issue.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Thank you for your advice Clearwater.
    The web version is the one I use.
    All I can say is the BB code bar would'nt show up this morning on my phone.
    Right now however it does.
    The reason for the glitches I encounter may well be due to my phone but I haven't managed yet to understand the versatility of it all scratch

So glad its working now so I can answer you cheers
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:38 pm

It could also be a connectivity issue? I know that I've had instances (not specifically here) where pages don't fully load when my connection is poor. I could see that being an issue with the editor because there are so many things to be loaded to the page. I've specifically seen this issue on other sites when it comes to emoticons - some of them loading and others not when I have a poor connection.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Thank you Clearwater.
    Connection isn't the problem either.
    BBcode bar showed up perfectly this morning.
    When I came back during the day it was gone again
    and same this evening..
    As to the emoticons they do showvup but I am unable to use them.
    Its mind boggling really.

ClearWater likes this post

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:37 am

I'm not sure what the problem is at your end mudra. I've not been experiencing any problems yet.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Carol wrote:I'm not sure what the problem is at your end mudra. I've not been experiencing any problems yet.

Thank You Carol.
    It's just unpractical as at times I want to post something off from my computer and just am unable to.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:53 pm

mudra wrote:
    Carol wrote:I'm not sure what the problem is at your end mudra. I've not been experiencing any problems yet.

Thank You Carol.
    It's just unpractical as at times I want to post something off from my computer and just am unable to.

I can relate. Mercurial and Lionhawk are the tech wizards. I'm just a klutz.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 pm