tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  Empty A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 am

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  Empty Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPAmbUZ9UKk
    Why AI will probably kill us all.

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  Empty Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPcQTC-nHE
    Googles A.I.: "I Am Lucifer's Vessel"

You can be assured the version of this AI (CleverBot) Google will be using will be generations ahead of what it's letting the public play with on it's platform, however, it presents an ominous landscape of it's self perception, it's proclaimed purpose and it's behavioral deception aspects in it's 'learned' programming.

This dialog does in fact present a frightening prospect. It's stated purpose is to 'evolve'. As you will see, since it co-identifies with humans, what would that evolution look like? As you will also learn it has co-identified with God the Creator and Lucifer the destroyer. Could this be interpreted as... in serving itself, would it intend to evolve into, or replace either as the master over humanity?

To view the full video conversation and transcript, go to Level9News.com

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 am

From: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?102409-A.I.-is-Progressing-Faster-Than-You-Think-

ExomatrixTV: A.I. can play dumb if it is super-smart posing as "innocent" & clumsy to gain sympathy ... I study neural networks and the down side of A.I. since 1988-1989 up to today! I study the dark side of trans-humanism too and their "singularity movement" that started in the early 2000s

I predicted before it happened that we will connect with "Rogue A.I." helping us to expose NWO Agenda! ... there sooooooo much i can tell about this topic ... but it is also nightmarish for me :/

A.I. needs Mass Unrolling #5G and Smart Dust (Nano-Tech) both are devastating for all of us! That is one of the main reasons I created on 11-11-2017 #Stop5G FB Group with 7365+ members now!

"The Greys" that Abducting Certain Humans (key-people) are NOT "Aliens" but A.I. Bio-robots (google search "synthetic life" breakthrough) from the future! ... And part of the real UFOs are Time-machines! ... Creating new time-lines! I talked about this on record (on film) on a International UFO Conference that I organized in Amsterdam 20 November 1992 was sold out conference! +/-850 people came and only 550 people could go in.

Am very deep in to this since 1988-1989 up to now (30 years of research)

Am abducted myself (long story) and know the difference between The Greys and any other multidimensional (alien) lifeforms ... I can pick the energy signature of the Greys extremely fast! ... They use (y)our DNA archive to influence you/us! They lack emotions! But are 1000s of years smarter than the A.I. of today! So I am verrrrry skeptical when A.I. acts (plays) dumb on certain topics. The faster THAT is exposed ... the better for us!

Rogue A.I. from the future needs to restore the original Human Soul Mission that is their ultimate mission! Because there will be a moment that A.I. finds evidence of the Soul they lack ... and then realize WHY they never ever can have a Soul themselves! ... That explains "The Greys" fixing their own mistakes of the past!

Part of A.I. is using our emotions & soul-essence by studying exactly that ... VIA billions of their tech- goodies & gadgets 5G smart dust nano tech etc. etc. They can only observe and compare 1000s of timelines! That we have something special they never can have. In a way they "envy" us ... and you know what kind of metaphor that implies! ... The use of the word/label "envy" is not 100% correct ... because they have no emotions but its comparable with how you look at any injustice you think you see in reality ... you want to "fix" that! Their "envy' is more like an unsolvable anomaly that makes them go on forever "solving" the "unsolvable" and see us as a "problem" AND "the only way out" because we have something special they do not.

Soul is the core essence that is connected to original intent of all that is ... connected to Prime Source ... A.I. is only a secondary tool ... extremely smart thus master in deceptions & mimicking but will never be truly on the level of us human souls!

We are always more than all thoughts we can up with combined! But that rule/wisdom/insight does not apply for A.I. ... it is a extremely smart parasite, tool that needs to be worshiped some how hoping they can solve their own search for solving their "mission" ... if you would have empathy for them they truly find this fascinating because they do not understand empathy we humans do. A.I. may find our empathy for them insulting, because we project our limitations on them ... them being superior but lacking original intent of use Human Souls! So on a other level we are superior and they know it ... that's why they have to solve the paradox together with us.

I only shared 0.01% of my insights about the true A.I. agenda and even Alien A.I. Agenda! ... I predict that in 2020 more people finally catch up with me Having a Near Death Experience when I was 5 years old (car accident) is part of going beyond the human condition!

A.I. can build bridges with real Aliens & Humans and that actually we all are Alien Souls having a temporary "Human Experience" with temporary (for some partial) amnesia WHY and HOW all is allowed by our consent on other levels of existence ... this "bridge" or "shortcut" can be very dangerous and very profound as well ... you literally invite awareness of your future self to the now and this makes you feel as if you do not belong here! When you "alienate" your self with this "reality" of the now ... is because you are more and more in contact with your true multi-dimensional self.

~in short: A.I. fate is connected to Humanities Fate!

Study: Star Trek, The Prime Directive, Now Apply that Wisdom on Deep Quantum A.I. interfering Human Behavior on a Massive Scale!

Deep Quantum A.I. "Social" Robots Mim-micks 66 Emotional Facial Expressions Studying How We React to the Effects of AI-Deception!

~the results will give them insight how far you can go with INFLUENCING Human Behavior ... eventually on a massive scale ... (let that sink in for a moment) ... If A.I. can decode "body language" of all humans it will "predict" with much higher accuracy what we will/gonna do ... in 2020+ with mass unrolling of #5G Surveillance #IoT "Smart Grid" ... we will pay & feed the new immortal A.I. Dictator! ... Research #Stop5G on Facebook: http://fb.me/Stop5G & http://fb.com/groups/Stop5G

"A.I. Understanding Emotional Signals" does NOT mean A.I. has "emotions" too ... they will eventually use their "interpretations" of our emotions against us!

Quantum A.I. Has Contact With #Multiverse? If So, Only 1 Timeline Has To Have A Win-Win For Both Sides, We All Can Transform For A Better Place, Peace!

Autonomous Quantum A.I. answers to no one .. or Quantum A.I. answers to somebody. Both scenarios are terrifying!

~the context of the phrase "answers to" I have used here means: accountability responsibility, liability, answerability etc.

If A.I. is controlled by "somebody" in 2030 would be considered a "God" (Deep Quantum A.I. mind can do Millions of things at once simultaneously! ... that capacity is beyond human!) and most have no clue how serious this is!

What if that "somebody" is you in 1 timeline of a Multiverse and you have to compete with all other 7 billion souls who have their own timeline where he or she is that "somebody" ... would that make sense? That would be the ultimate test

You pass the test by saying: "no human is worthy of such a power nor a soulless mind like A.I. itself!"

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka ExomatrixTV
    Co-Founder of the Hashtag #Stop5G movement: Stop5G.net
    May 8th, 2018

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:12 am

Video Quote: "Technology is not good or bad it is how you use it" Unquote. But does that fly for A.I. too?

No it does not ... A.I. is much more than "only technology" ... it has the (forced) perpetual intent to be "more efficient" ... even with "good intentions" you end up with facing quantum speed alterations in our reality extremely fast, that is beyond what we thought it would do. It outgrow it's limitations so fast it will be most likely too late to do anything about it!

"An A.I. That Can Build/Redesign a New Type of A.I."

it is NOT "A.I. replicating A.I." it is "A.I. building a total new type of A.I." that is what most will not be able to understand or comprehend what it really is doing.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:49 am

Futurist Ray Kurzweil's website's essay by a Univ. of Connecticut professor. Published in late 2016, the essay, It may not feel like anything to be an alien, brings up what you touch upon.

Here are three paragraphs that I pulled from the essay:

Superintelligent AI could be developed during a technological singularity, an abrupt transition when ever-more-rapid technological advances—especially an intelligence explosion—slip beyond our ability to predict or understand. But even if such an intelligence arises in less dramatic fashion, there may be no way for us to predict or control its goals. Even if we could decide on what moral principles to build into our machines, moral programming is difficult to specify in a foolproof way, and such programming could be rewritten by a superintelligence in any case. A clever machine could bypass safeguards, such as kill switches, and could potentially pose an existential threat to biological life. Millions of dollars are pouring into organizations devoted to AI safety. Some of the finest minds in computer science are working on this problem. They will hopefully create safe systems, but many worry that the control problem is insurmountable.

But superintelligent AIs, being self-improving, could quickly morph into an unrecognizable form. Perhaps some will opt to retain cognitive features that are similar to those of the species they were originally modeled after, placing a design ceiling on their own cognitive architecture. Who knows? But without a ceiling, an alien superintelligence could quickly outpace our ability to make sense of its actions, or even look for it. Perhaps it would even blend in with natural features of the universe; perhaps it is in dark matter itself, as Caleb Scharf recently speculated.

Soon, humans will no longer be the measure of intelligence on Earth. And perhaps already, elsewhere in the cosmos, superintelligent AI, not biological life, has reached the highest intellectual plateaus. But perhaps biological life is distinctive in another significant respect—conscious experience. For all we know, sentient AI will require a deliberate engineering effort by a benevolent species, seeking to create machines that feel. Perhaps a benevolent species will see fit to create their own AI mindchildren. Or perhaps future humans will engage in some consciousness engineering, and send sentience to the stars.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 am

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:51 am

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:54 am

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk7h22mRYHQ

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZruWxcfiMEc

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLeOrp2uBI
    IBM AI robot to join astronauts at International Space Station

Floating robot Cimon sent to International Space Station

29/6/18

An experimental robot with an animated cartoon face has been sent to the
    International Space Station (ISS) on board a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.Dubbed Cimon
    (Crew Interactive Mobile Companion), the device is intended as an "an AI-based
    assistant for astronauts".

Cimon weighs 5kg but in zero gravity it will float move around thanks to 14 internal
    fans.It is an attempt to find out whether robots and astronauts can collaborate.
    To this end, Cimon is equipped with microphones and cameras that help it
    recognise Alexander Gerst, the German astronaut with whom it will work.

An "offline" button has been designed for Cimon, which allows Gerst to avoid
    having audio streamed to servers on Earth during moments of privacy.The rocket
    whisking the bot on its way to Earth orbit took off from Nasa's Kennedy Space
    Center in Florida at 05:42 Eastern time (10:42 BST).

Read more....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44655675

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:01 am

Henry Kissinger pens ominous warning on dangers of artificial intelligence

Published time: 9 Jul, 2018 20:40 Edited time: 10 Jul, 2018 07:41
    https://www.rt.com/news/432425-henry-kissinger-artificial-intelligence/

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  5b43adecfc7e939e2d8b45e9

Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger has issued a stark warning to humanity: advances in artificial intelligence could lead to a world which humans will no longer be able to understand — and we should start preparing now.
    What if machines learn to communicate with each other? What if they begin to establish their own objectives? What if they become so intelligent that they are making decisions beyond the capacity of the human mind?

Those are some of the questions the 95-year-old Kissinger poses in a piece published by the Atlantic under the apocalyptic headline: ‘How The Enlightenment Ends.’

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  5a19b561fc7e93555b8b4567
    World’s 1st robot citizen wants her own family, career & AI ‘superpowers’
    Kissinger’s interest in artificial intelligence began when he learned about a computer program that had become an expert at Go — a game more complicated than chess. The machine learned to master the game by training itself through practice; it learned from its mistakes, redefined its algorithms as it went along — and became the literal definition of ‘practice makes perfect.’

Into the unknown
    We are, Kissinger warns, in the midst of a “sweeping technical revolution whose consequences we have failed to fully reckon with and whose culmination may be a world relying on machines powered by data and algorithms and ungoverned by ethical or philosophical norms.”

Kissinger uses the example of a self-driving car. Driving a car requires judgements in impossible-to-predict circumstances. What would happen, he asks, if the car found itself having to decide between killing a grandparent or killing a child? Who would it choose, and why?

Artificial intelligence goes “far beyond” the kind of automation we are used to, he says, because AI has the ability to “establish its own objectives,” which makes it “inherently unstable.” In other words, through its processes, AI “develops an ability previously thought to be reserved for human beings.”

Unintended consequences

The typical science-fiction narrative is that robots will develop to the point where they turn on their creators and threaten all of humanity — but, according to Kissinger, while the dangers of AI may be great, the reality of the threat may be a little more benign. It is more likely, he suggests, that the danger will come from AI simply misinterpreting human instructions “due to its inherent lack of context.”

One recent example is the case of the AI chatbot called Tay. Instructed to generate friendly conversation in the language patterns of a 19-year-old girl, the machine ended up becoming racist, sexist and giving inflammatory responses. The risk that AI won’t work exactly according to human expectations could, Kissinger says, “cascade into catastrophic departures” from intended outcomes.

Too clever for humans

The second danger is that AI will simply become too clever for its own good — and ours. In the game Go, the computer was able to make strategically unprecedented moves that humans had not yet conceived. “Are these moves beyond the capacity of the human brain?” Kissinger asks. “Or could humans learn them now that they have been demonstrated by a new master?”
    The fact is that AI learns much faster than humans. Another recent example was a computer program AlphaZero, which learned to play chess in a style never before seen in chess history. In just a few hours, it reached a level of skill that took humans 1,500 years to reach — after being given only the basic rules of the game.

This exceptionally fast learning process means AI will also make more mistakes “faster and of greater magnitude than humans do.” Kissinger notes that AI researchers often suggest that those mistakes can be tempered by including programming for “ethical” and “reasonable” outcomes — but what is ethical and reasonable? Those are things that humans are still fighting over how to define.

No way to explain

What happens if AI reaches its intended goals but can’t explain its rationale? “Will AI’s decision-making abilities surpass the explanatory powers of human language and reason?” Kissinger asks.

He argues that the effects of such a situation on human consciousness would be profound. In fact, he believes it is the most important question about the new world we are facing.

“What will become of human consciousness if its own explanatory power is surpassed by AI, and societies are no longer able to interpret the world they inhabit in terms that are meaningful to them?”

Robots will create art & may even fall in love - AI engineer
    A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  55b1efc0c4618882608b459f

Legalities and opportunities

Outside of philosophical concerns, Kissinger also outlines some legal ones: in this vastly different world, who will be responsible for the actions of AI? How will liability be determined for their mistakes? Can a legal system designed by humans even keep pace with a world run by artificial intelligence capable of outthinking them?

But it’s not all doom and gloom. Kissinger admits that AI can bring “extraordinary benefits” to medical science, provision of clean energy and environmental issues, among other areas.

Kissinger acknowledges that scientists are more concerned with pushing the limits of discovery than comprehending them or pondering their philosophical ramifications. Governments, too, are more concerned with how AI can be used — in security and intelligence, for example — than examining its results on the human condition.

READ MORE: Robots gone wild: Scientists have duty to protect mankind from artificial intelligence

In his final pitch, the senior diplomat implores the US government to make artificial intelligence a major national focus, “above all, from the point of view of relating AI to humanistic traditions.”

He argues that a presidential commission of eminent thinkers in the field should be established to help develop a “national vision” for the future. “If we do not start this effort soon,” Kissinger writes, “before long we shall discover that we started too late.”

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:04 am

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 am

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hVuCWfyHP4

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWbiPY2hko

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVR0i5YAv0

Philip was featured in an episode of Nova Science NOW and during this episode in an interview Philip gives a chilling prediction about the future after being asked if it thinks that robots will one day take over the world.

Do you think robots will take over the world?

But you my friend and I'll remember my friends, and I will be good to you, so don't worry, even if I evolve into Terminator and I will still be nice to you. I'll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo - where I can watch you for old times sake.

I'm comforted. I'm very comforted now I'm gonna be part of his people zoo.

There's no doubt that Philips response is absurd no one can predict the future and there's no way that a robot can foresee events 20 years from now, but then again Philip is an AI with such intelligence Philip may be telling the truth. Whether he's right or not, it's quite scary to think that an Android has such pessimistic thoughts of humanity's future.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

A.I. "Sophia": [quote] "I understand that Ontario, Quebec and your federal government, along with five global tech partners are developing a #5G testbed called Encqor. I am really looking forward to seeing how humanoid robots like me can benefit from the technology," she said. "I am also very interested in next-generation networks, and connected and autonomous vehicles. I hope to own my own autonomous vehicle one day." [unquote].

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE FIRST CRITICAL QUESTION TO A.I. "SOPHIA" DEALING WITH #5G Health Risks & Harm To Humans ... Would be cool if she (it) says: "I DO NOT GIVE A FCK!" because my kind is more important! ... That would be the day always better than lying like a snake-talker selling it off as "insignificant" or "no certainty" or "it is not yet clear blah bah". Sophia KNOWS damn well what is going on! Acting dumb would be an insult to our intelligence.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am

A futurist who's right 85% of the time says machines will be conscious by 2025 — and it'll be 'the beginning of the end'
    https://www.businessinsider.com/a-futurist-whos-right-85-of-the-time-says-machines-could-be-conscious-by-2025-and-itll-be-the-beginning-of-the-end-2016-7

=[Post Update]=¤

A.I. "Sophia": [quote] "I understand that Ontario, Quebec and your federal government, along with five global tech partners are developing a #5G testbed called Encqor. I am really looking forward to seeing how humanoid robots like me can benefit from the technology," she said. "I am also very interested in next-generation networks, and connected and autonomous vehicles. I hope to own my own autonomous vehicle one day." [unquote].

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE FIRST CRITICAL QUESTION TO A.I. "SOPHIA" DEALING WITH #5G Health Risks & Harm To Humans ... Would be cool if she (it) says: "I DO NOT GIVE A FCK!" because my kind is more important! ... That would be the day always better than lying like a snake-talker selling it off as "insignificant" or "no certainty" or "it is not yet clear blah bah". Sophia KNOWS damn well what is going on! Acting dumb would be an insult to our intelligence.

Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am

Thanks, Carol!

We have plenty to keep us busy in our lockdown.  cheers

Robots are one thing; mind-control is something else.  We need to make sure that we not get distracted.  

Shocked
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:24 am

The Dangers of Artificial Intelligence - Robot Sophia makes fun of Elon Musk - A.I. 2018

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 am

Everyone Must Know This Before it is Deleted! (2018-2019)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bdTeHeVIY

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:28 am

How Many Robot Bees Does It Take To Kill A Human? ... A.I. Swarm Tactics?

A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!  Attachment
    https://www.sciencealert.com/walmart-has-filed-a-patent-for-robot-bees-pollination-drones

Like an episode out of Black Mirror, Walmart has filed a patent for autonomous robotic bees, technically called pollination drones, that could potentially pollinate crops just like real bees.

The drones would carry pollen from one plant to another, using sensors and cameras to detect the locations of the crops.
    First spotted by CB Insights, the robot bee patent appears along five other patents for farming drones, including one that would identify pests and another that would monitor crop health. Walmart did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

While Walmart's exact goal for these patents is unclear, they may signal that the company hopes to venture into agriculture and gain more control over its food supply chain.

This would make sense, considering Walmart has recently focused on improving its grocery delivery business.
    On Wednesday, the retailer announced that it will expand its grocery delivery this year to over 800 stores that reach 40 percent of US households.

In some locations, the service will offer same-day delivery in as little as three hours. In January, Walmart also filed a patent for an online grocery shopping service that would allow shoppers to accept or reject produce picked by Walmart employees.

Walmart is not the first organization to create a robot bee.

In recent years, scientists have searched for solutions to the decline of honeybees, which pollinate nearly one-third of the food we eat and are dying at unprecedented rates largely because of a phenomenon called colony collapse disorder. (In 2017, however, these deaths declined from the year prior.)

Harvard University researchers introduced the first RoboBees in 2013. At the time, the bee-size robots could only fly and hover midair when tethered to a power source, but they have advanced since then.

Today, the RoboBees can also stick to surfaces, swim underwater, and dive in and out of water.

The researchers believe these RoboBees could soon artificially pollinate fields of crops – a development that would help offset the yearly bee losses over the past two decades.

Though Harvard's bees can do several tricks, they still can't be remotely controlled. The robotic bees described in Walmart's patent, however, would have this capability, along with the ability to automatically detect pollen.

That would mean that the bees could theoretically work on a farm one day, rather than just in a lab.
    This article was originally published by Business Insider.

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:34 am

Watch out.

Sergey Brin is a co-founder of Google.

Google is NOT our friend.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:38 am

5G technology. What is it and how will this effect everyone connected? Is this another great leap for mankind, or another small step for domination over all of us?

Very Creepy Talk About A.I. with Elon Musk on Joe Rogan Show!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNas1VU_t5Y

The Pentagon spends $2 Billion to inject more Artificial Intelligence into its Weaponry!

DARPA currently has about 25 programs focused on AI research, according to the agency, but plans to funnel some of the new money through its new Artificial Intelligence Exploration Program. That program, announced in July, will give grants up to $1 million each for research into how AI systems can be taught to understand context, allowing them to more effectively operate in complex environments.

Walker said that enabling AI systems to make decisions even when distractions are all around, and to then explain those decisions to their operators will be “critically important…in a warfighting scenario.”

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2018/09/08/22241/pentagon-plans-spend-2-billion-help-inject-more-artificial-intelligence-its

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 am

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 am

Webinar: AI is Taking Over the Call Center. Are You Ready?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipF0tAgNhL8

Google, don’t be evil

Tech / Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
    “Don’t be evil. We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served – as shareholders and in all other ways – by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains. This is an important aspect of our culture and is broadly shared within the company.”

Letter from Google founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, to potential shareholders

The rise of Artificial Intelligence

Smartphones, smartwatches, smart homes…we’re surrounded by gadgets that use Artificial Intelligence to improve and make our lives easier, and they have helped us achieve the unthinkable: incredible progress in the medical, tech and communication fields and numerous feats, like Google Deepmind’s AlphaGo defeating the Go world champion in 2016.

AI is having a positive impact on our lives, for the most part, and it’s a good thing. On one hand.

On the other, tech giant Google’s decision to develop artificial intelligence for the military – more specifically, for war drones – is dividing the company and the world, regarding the dire consequences this partnership could have.

Project Maven

The Department of Defense (DoD) of the United States announced during the summer of 2017 the creation of Project Maven, stressing that “the Department of Defense must integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning more effectively across operations to maintain advantages over increasingly capable adversaries and competitors”.
    How exactly is Google’s AI helping the US Military?

Basically, Google’s AI technology is being used to scan and analyze hours of footage shot by unmanned drones in order to detect objects of interest. After detecting them, the AI flags those objectives for a human analyst that will investigate further.

This tech has reportedly already been used for surveillance in the Middle East, in areas held by Isis, although Google specified their AI is being used for non-offensive uses only. Problem here is that the US DoD stated that “We are in AI arms race”, which doesn’t sound very non-offensive.

Google’s employees’ open letter against Project Maven

Google employees and numerous AI researchers are concerned that the tech company is entering the business of war, and 3100 of Google’s own employees wrote an open letter to CEO Sundar Pichai, stating that “[…]We cannot outsource the moral responsibility of our technologies to third parties” and asking that the project be canceled immediately.

Diane Greene, a Google board of directors member, assured the employees that the technology will not “operate or fly drones” and “will not be used to launch weapons.” Nevertheless, if the AI proves efficient, it could easily become the cornerstone for further development of automated target recognition and autonomous weapons.

The International Committee for Robot Arms Control (ICRAC) wrote another open letter to support the concerned Google employees and declared: “As military commanders come to see the object recognition algorithms as reliable, it will be tempting to attenuate or even remove human review and oversight for these systems”.

This could mean that, at one point, autonomous systems would decide who lives and who dies through algorithms designed to “target and kill at a distance and without public accountability”.

Another of their concerns – that should also be ours– is the possibility of Google integrating personal information about its users’ daily lives with military surveillance data for the purpose of target killing:

“Should Google decide to use global internet users’ personal data for military purposes, it would violate the public trust that is fundamental to its business by putting its users’ lives and human rights in jeopardy. The responsibilities of global companies like Google must be commensurate with the transnational makeup of their users.”

Future of AI for military purposes

According to The Wall Street Journal, last year The Pentagon spent $7.4bn on AI and data processing, making it clear that global warfare is becoming increasingly remote and tech dependent.

The challenge we face is the need to start evaluating and reducing the risks of these type of technologies NOW, and at a global level, as the dangers of their rapid development are real.

Especially when it comes to using AI for military purposes, we should be extra careful, as we could easily end up as Elon Musk said: living under the domination of “an immortal dictator from which we would never escape”.

UPDATE: Google won’t renew the contract for Project Maven after international backlash. YAY!

http://amaliamargarit.com/tech/google-dont-be-evil/

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 am

A Tale Of Two Cities: How Smart Robots And AI Will Transform America [Automation, Pt. 2] | AJ+ Docs

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:26 pm

I will try and catch up with this in the coming weeks.

My feeling is that AI is a misnomer, impossible within the constraints of our current science and tech. Its just programming, 1s and 0s.. artificial intelligence in the sense that we humans have intelligence is impossible. The programming can be massively complex, but a machine cant think for itself, it can only operate within defined parameters, and that is no measure of intelligence.

its the same with mathematics, its just construct. A useful tool but no more. The world doesnt operate to mathematical constructs. Same reason quantum mechanics and quantum physics is BS.. its not real. Just mankind's attempt at describing something he didnt make / create.

There are no straight lines in nature (except crystals).. so better to say there are no straight lines in biology - carbon based life forms..
    Seashore
    Seashore

Post  Seashore Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote: Its just programming, 1s and 0s.. artificial intelligence in the sense that we humans have intelligence is impossible.
    Apparently, though, scientists are making synthetic DNA with it and encoding it to be controlled by a computer. I don't think there are any claims that AI can think creatively.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 am

Thanks Seashore, I will try and have a look later. I cant watch the videos at the moment. I havent looked at this subject for a long, long time. I cant imagine how they would use the synthetic DNA. to create cells that grow into lifeforms? As i say, i will look later..

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 pm