tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
magamud
devakas
Arrowwind
HigherLove
Carol
eaglespirit
SiriArc
Mercuriel
I Am
lawlessline
Zedd
mudra
16 posters

The teachings of Don Juan Matus

mudra
    mudra

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Empty Re: The teachings of Don Juan Matus

Post  mudra Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Web-fractal

Severing all Links to the Predator

Arrow http://thetoltecpath.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/severing-all-links-to-the-predator/#more-1873

The first precept of the rule is that everything that surrounds us is an unfathomable mystery. The second precept of the rule is that we must try to unravel these mysteries, but without ever hoping to accomplish this. The third, that a warrior, aware of the unfathomable mystery that surrounds him and aware of his duty to try to unravel it, takes his rightful place among mysteries and regards himself as one. We’re warriors, and warriors have only one thing in mind – their freedom. To die and be eaten by the Eagle is no challenge. On the other hand, to sneak around the Eagle and be free is the ultimate audacity. ~ Florinda, The Eagle’s Gift

It’s difficult for me to admit that I have moments of weakness but I will admit that I have not been impeccable with my energy lately. I have been weak and I have been indulgent and worst of all I have been wallowing in the disgusting morass of self-pity. All of these equal self-importance. Yuck. This has left me feeling powerless, pathetic and toxic and I guess there is no time like the present to release it and move forward as the female warrior that I know myself to be.

Florinda said that her benefactor gave all of them the example of what he meant (regarding the principles of stalking), first by acting out his premises, and then by giving them the warrior’s rationales for his actions. He first drew Florinda to his own battleground where she was at his mercy; he forced her to discard what was not essential; he taught her to put her life on the line with a decision; he taught her how to relax; in order to help her regroup her resources, he made her enter into a new arid different mood of optimism and self-confidence; he taught her to compress time; and finally he showed her that a stalker never pushes himself to the front.

I have found out within the past few weeks that if we, as warriors, falter in these principles of stalking and allow ourselves to spiral down into a state of despair (aka indulgent self-importance), the beautiful lines of awareness collapse into a dense, tangled mess. The luminous fibers that stretch to infinity that we dance upon fall, like broken spider webs, and if we don’t care for the web and fuse the broken filaments to strengthen them once again or weave new strands or create new fibers, we can remain trapped in the dense, tangled mess for as long as it takes to regain our awareness and break free of it.

The tangled mess reeks of the predator, there is too much negativity, fear, doubt, and suspicion lurking there. When we give our power to that we have no choice but to feel powerless, pathetic and toxic. The predator is strong, super strong, and has the capacity to suck us in if we are incapable, even for a minute, of being stronger than it. I can no longer feed the predator nor can I help anyone to strengthen their own stories that are ultimately food for the predator. To do so is too much of a compromise and costs too much. This is why don Juan said that the path of a warrior is a constant battleground.

And so today I declare sovereignty, power-fullness and prepare myself to operate from a mood of optimism and self-confidence. I am a female warrior and my goal is to be strong, to dance with audacity around the eagle, a constant reminder to others not to falter in this wild dance of beautiful and unfathomable mystery that we have no control over.

Through their seeing, sorcerers witness that struggle, and they take their place in it, ready for the worst and without complaining about the result. For their ever-ready disposition for combat, they have won the title of ‘warriors’. A warrior considers the world we live in to be a great mystery, and he knows that the mystery is there to be revealed to those who deliberately look for it. That attitude of audacity will occasionally move the tentacles of the unknown, making the spirit manifest itself. ~ Carlos Castaneda

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Empty Re: The teachings of Don Juan Matus

Post  mudra Wed May 09, 2012 11:22 am

Look Around We’re all Right Here, It Just Proves We’re Not all There!
    by Female Warrior

The idea that being good or complying with certain commandments will facilitate things is a fallacy which has been transmitted to us by the social order. The only preparation that is worthwhile is to take on the rigors of the way of the warrior, which teaches us how to save energy and be impeccable. ~ Carlos Castaneda, Encounters With the Nagual

Impeccability is really all there is. I’ll refer to my last post as my final bout with the mold of man. I mean on hindsight, what was the point? Momentary insanity? The way of the warrior is to open completely to a new life and within that new life there is no room for old modalities. To repeat those patterns is ridiculous. Dance awake a new dream.

When the inertia of the internal dialogue is broken, the world is made over and becomes new. The wave of energy feels like an unbearable vacuum opening under his feet. Because of this, a warrior may spend years in an unstable state of mind. The only thing that comforts him in such a situation is to keep the purpose of his path clear to himself, and not lose, under any circumstances, his perspective of freedom. An impeccable warrior never loses his sanity.

What is sanity anyway? It is defined that a sane person is one who is rational and of sound mind. However, insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms. What this tells me is even those who define sanity are insane! A warrior’s sanity then must be in the ability to recognize that to be sane is to be insane. Ha, ha! Another paradox. Gotta love it. Enjoy life, let go of everything and move through the details impeccably. I mean, it’s really all we’ve got.

So, yesterday morning when I came to work I put on one of my favorite songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3TyvP1NG0) and cranked it up. I mean really loud. Then I went to the middle of my office and started dancing. My two co-workers were laughing and laughing and one of them actually joined me for a split second and then went and sat down again, embarrassed that she let go for a moment. It was like, “Oh wow, I so want to dance but I’d better not or people will think I’ve gone mad.” The other co-worker is only 22 years old and was challenged to the core. She looked horrified that I was blaring music in our conservative office environment where other people could “hear” and even “see” what was going on and yet, her face was flushed with elation at the possibility of actually having fun while at work. I mean really, what is the worst thing that could’ve happened? Get fired for having fun? Labeled insane? Sanity or insanity, isn’t it all the same?!?!?!

~ KEEP DANCING!!!

Arrow http://thetoltecpath.wordpress.com/author/thetoltecpath/

Love Always
    mudra

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 am

mudra wrote:Look Around We’re all Right Here, It Just Proves We’re Not all There!
    by Female Warrior

The idea that being good or complying with certain commandments will facilitate things is a fallacy which has been transmitted to us by the social order. The only preparation that is worthwhile is to take on the rigors of the way of the warrior, which teaches us how to save energy and be impeccable. ~ Carlos Castaneda, Encounters With the Nagual

Impeccability is really all there is. I’ll refer to my last post as my final bout with the mold of man. I mean on hindsight, what was the point? Momentary insanity? The way of the warrior is to open completely to a new life and within that new life there is no room for old modalities. To repeat those patterns is ridiculous. Dance awake a new dream.

When the inertia of the internal dialogue is broken, the world is made over and becomes new. The wave of energy feels like an unbearable vacuum opening under his feet. Because of this, a warrior may spend years in an unstable state of mind. The only thing that comforts him in such a situation is to keep the purpose of his path clear to himself, and not lose, under any circumstances, his perspective of freedom. An impeccable warrior never loses his sanity.

What is sanity anyway? It is defined that a sane person is one who is rational and of sound mind. However, insanity may manifest as violations of societal norms. What this tells me is even those who define sanity are insane! A warrior’s sanity then must be in the ability to recognize that to be sane is to be insane. Ha, ha! Another paradox. Gotta love it. Enjoy life, let go of everything and move through the details impeccably. I mean, it’s really all we’ve got.

So, yesterday morning when I came to work I put on one of my favorite songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3TyvP1NG0) and cranked it up. I mean really loud. Then I went to the middle of my office and started dancing. My two co-workers were laughing and laughing and one of them actually joined me for a split second and then went and sat down again, embarrassed that she let go for a moment. It was like, “Oh wow, I so want to dance but I’d better not or people will think I’ve gone mad.” The other co-worker is only 22 years old and was challenged to the core. She looked horrified that I was blaring music in our conservative office environment where other people could “hear” and even “see” what was going on and yet, her face was flushed with elation at the possibility of actually having fun while at work. I mean really, what is the worst thing that could’ve happened? Get fired for having fun? Labeled insane? Sanity or insanity, isn’t it all the same?!?!?!

~ KEEP DANCING!!!

Love Always
    mudra

Its so mudra's dance, isn't it?

Oooyeah 1

Hadriel TRANC

best
    devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 11, 2012 6:20 pm

My dear sister so is the world of mind turning things into opposites.
    Knowledge will have us therefore agree or disagree .
    But pure Love is how we can find one another in the Heart of Spirit God.
    In Love I trust.

Hugs

Love for You
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 11, 2012 6:31 pm

still confused. sorry mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 12, 2012 4:37 am

devakas wrote:still confused. sorry mudra

Allright.
    It is evidence that Castaneda the messenger has been shot several times.
    But that does'nt change anything to the message .
    I believe truth can be expressed in many ways and forms but because it is
    spoken through a man 's voice at times does'nt make that man perfect and
    without flaws.
    There was a time for example when I thought Gandhi was a saint until I read
    that article posted by Anchor that threw another light on him.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1191-the-gandhi-nobody-knows
    The human mind tends to idealize people for words or deeds that strike
    their heart and soul. I believe this is'nt the right way to go.
    The work is always within and what comes from without is as good as it makes
    one grow in Spirit and Consciousness.

Love for You
    mudra

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat May 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Between saints Ghandi is great politician
    Between politicians Ghandi is saint
    Politicians as we know are cheaters
    India and others call him maha Ghandi as a great soul or in sanskrit Maha atma

However indians prefer to convert temples of truth to cinemas and are obsessed about cinema
    btw india now is biggest exporter of meat, this is how degradated hoomans became after destroyers of truth came

But I am confused why we mention Ghandi here.
    So which cinema was this article from?

Speaking about the title teachings or message I am more confused than ever.

Namaste to you dear mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

I am sorry your are confused dear devakas.
    I mentioned Gandhi and the article Anchor posted about him that shed some bad light on him
    because I saw a similiraty in this with the article you referred to about Castaneda's books.
    That article Anchor posted that painted some bad image about Gandhi did'nt change anything
    to the respect I have for Gandhi. The message of peace I received from his deeds was something
    that resonated with my Heart . How then could anyone destroy this in me ?
    And it is the same with Don Juan through Castaneda. Don Juan's message resonated with my Heart
    at an early age and this is sufficient to me to respect his teachings.
    And really it does'nt matter to me wether Don Juan actually existed or not , if it was a made up
    story in Castaneda's mind or not, neither how Castaneda himself understood the message or what
    he did with it.

If there is one thing that remained with me after reading all of Castaneda's books it is this one
    quote from Don Juan :

“For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart,
    and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.”

That was a start for me on my spiritual journey but it is really much later that I came to realize what he actually
    meant by this.

Love from me
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am

Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

-From The Teachings of don Juan

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 am

As long as a man feels that he is the
    most important thing in the world, he
    cannot really appreciate the world
    around him. He is like a horse with blinders;
    all he sees is himself, apart from everything
    else.

-From Journey to Ixtlan

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:17 am

I am already given to the power that rules my fate.
    And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend.
    I have no thoughts, so I will see.
    I fear nothing, so I will remember myself.

-From The Eagle's Gift

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 am

Warriors have an ulterior purpose for their acts
    which has nothing to do with personal gain.
    The average man acts only if there is a chance for profit. Warriors act not for profit, but for the spirit.

From The Power of Silence

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Hq_6_111

Dancing Awake a New Dream
    by FemaleWarrior

For a warrior, to be harmonious is to flow, not to stop in the middle of the current and try to make a space of artificial and impossible peace. ~ Carlos Castaneda

Recently, endeavoring to stop in the middle of the current and attempt to “choose” peace within that motionless and static realm proved futile and was a major energy drain. I have come to find that one cannot “choose” anything when they are fully aligned with intent, they can only be in the flow. So, I jumped off the cliff with trust and surrender and am coming to find that everything is emerging, not necessarily as I had planned, but in a way that is agreeable, pure, and incredibly synchronistic and marvelous.

We within this mortal coil can certainly choose what we want but the beauty of this dance, this amazing dance of total freedom, is to allow that which will emerge in each moment manifest as it will.

To witness an amazing 200 million year journey of truly being in the evolutionary flow, watch this beautiful movie. Turtle: The Incredible Journey

Dancing awake a new dream; a very old dream.

Keep Dancing!

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Bird

The Bird of Freedom
    by Female Warrior

The nagual Mariano Aureliano had once told me that sorcerers, when they talk among themselves, speak of sorcery as a bird: They call it the bird of freedom. They say that the bird of freedom only flies in a straight line and never comes around twice. They also say that it is the nagual who lures the bird of freedom. It is he who entices the bird to shed its shadow on the warrior’s path. Without that shadow, there is no direction. ~ Florinda Donner, Being-in-Dreaming

But it was night and there was no shadow. The three of us were standing on the cool Saltillo tile looking up towards the northeast at the Andromeda Galaxy through a high-powered telescope. It was a mild evening and since we were in the phase of the new moon last weekend it was very dark and the millions of stars in the Milky Way were brilliant. There wasn’t any sound at all except the gentle lapping of the waves from the Sea of Cortez. We were in the Sonoran Desert, donde el desierto y el mar se encuentran; where the desert meets the sea.

And then it came without warning and was as silent as the night was balmy. A white blur moving in from the west, very large and completely illuminated. The three of us watched it fly above us, far away and yet close. Convinced it was a UFO, I was handed the binoculars to see it more clearly and was startled to see in the lenses a gigantic, pure white bird. I passed the binoculars to another so they can have a look and said, more as a question, it’s a bird? He looked and said “yes, it’s illuminated from the lights” and handed the binoculars to the next while my mind was racing to convince me that it was not a bird at all, there were no lights in the pitch black to illuminate it; we were merely attempting to put the inconceivable into a familiar framework. The next person said, “it’s a spirit bird!”

I looked once more through the binoculars. It was pure white with no definition at all. No feathers, no details, a blank template in the shape of a giant bird that was luminous in an otherwise completely dark evening. We watched it in total awe and silence as it moved towards the east until it disappeared.

The three of us stood there; me, a young Yaqui dreamer and a master of perceptual paradox and we didn’t know what to think. Words could not define what we had just witnessed. We agreed that since it was so fully visible and that there were no lights nearby that it was indeed illuminated. We determined that it was atypically large for a bird. And we agreed that we were attempting to define it within our similar and individual cognizant context but we each knew that it didn’t fit into any category that we were aware of. Spirit being, UFO, bird of freedom…quite the conundrum indeed!

In my deepest knowing, however, I am aware that my objective has been to loosen my assemblage point completely in order to become fluid enough to align with intent and dance in a state of heightened awareness also known as dreaming awake. What we perceived that evening is not something that can be explained or rationalized and defined. It is, indeed, the beginning of a new dance along the lines of awareness.

The bird of freedom, as ushered in by the nagual, appeared and three of us saw it because we were dreaming awake together and had the energy to do so. Did any of the sorcerers before us ever see the bird of freedom at night? And if not, does that invalidate it as the bird of freedom because it soared in at night and did not cast a shadow? Sorcerers build upon an existing body of knowledge and are acutely aware that the evolution of this knowledge comes when we are open to perceiving in ways that will continue to differ from another’s tale of power. As sorcerers we have no choice but to remain open to ensure our assemblage points are fluid and that our experiences cannot be rationalized to the point where we can guarantee that it fits within the expectations and definitions known by consensual reality.

Did we see the bird of freedom? Undoubtedly. And without a shadow to provide us with direction we are free to wander within the unknowable however we want to and to perceive the inconceivable without any need to have what we see validated or corroborated. The doorways are open.

~Keep Dancing!

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

Robert Waggoner 'Lucid Dreaming -- Gateway To The Inner' Interview by Iain McNay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0g1YZa8co

Robert Waggoner 'Lucid Dreaming -- Gateway To The Inner' Interview by Iain McNay
    Author of 'Lucid Dreaming -- Gateway To The Inner Self' talks about his early dream experiences and how he discovered Lucid Dreaming after reading Carlos Castaneda. He quantifies the scientific evidence that now exists on this subject and explains why he feels that Lucid Dreaming is a revolutionary tool to explore the actual nature of reality. It can clearly show shadow issues and the limiting nature of self-attachments and may lead to an experience of non-dual awareness.
    'Something pre-exists the sense of self. The making of the 'I' is a mistaken perception, the source of a whole series of errors.'

Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 am

Onslaughts of the Unknown

by Female Warrior

puntointentoI have spent thirty-five years of my life seeking the maturity of a warrior. I have gone to places that defy description, seeking that sensation of being seasoned by the onslaughts of the unknown. I went unobtrusively, unannounced, and I came back in the same fashion. The works of warriors are silent and solitary, and when warriors go, or come back, they do it so inconspicuously that nobody is the wiser. To seek a warrior’s maturity in any other fashion would be ostentatious, and therefore, inadmissible. ~ Carlos Castaneda, The Wheel of Time

As we dance our way more deeply into the unknown we come to understand that the things we see and experience can no longer be understood by most and it becomes a moot point to even attempt to describe it. All we can do is just keep dancing within the myriad of lines of awareness that bring us to a deeper understanding of the way of the warrior. Don Juan told Carlos, to enter into the marvels of this world, or into the marvels of another world, one needs to be a warrior: calm, collected, indifferent, seasoned by the onslaughts of the unknown. You are not seasoned that way yet. Therefore, it is your duty to seek that fulfillment before you could talk about venturing into the infinite.

How does a warrior become seasoned? By walking aimlessly through the deserts, forests, beaches, etc. of the world in a state of absolute presence to what is unfolding around her as well as what had unfolded before her existence. As she does, she accumulates personal power through the immensity of the unknown, no longer bound to the reflections of her ideas or the explanations that pigeon hole everything into the world as she once knew it. Fulfillment comes when reason ceases to be and clarification takes its place.

Pushing beyond limits at all times allows the warrior to gracefully enter into a state of humility that far surpasses any amount of the self-confidence previously felt in claiming to know something with certainty. Personal power and humility are a necessity for the warrior who is ready to leap into abyss. Without these, it is easy to become caught in the web of comparisons of what the leaper believes to know through the self-confidence that keeps them aligned to the mold of man.

Presence. Awareness. Alignment. When a warrior moves in a state of utter presence, connected fully to their surroundings, personal power increases. As personal power increases, the warrior is able to come into heightened states of awareness that allow them to see that which defies description. And when the warrior recognizes the onslaughts of the unknown, he moves with fluidity into a state of receiving knowledge directly as he aligns with eternity.

“Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word uttered to us might be sufficient to change the course of our lives. But if we don’t have enough personal power, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won’t make a damn bit of difference.” ~ Don Juan, Tales of Power

For a warrior, every moment is an appointment with knowledge, free from indulging on past events. The self-confidence gained from past events only serves to fixate the assemblage point on convenient explanations that serve no purpose in the sorcerer’s world. The only thing a warrior can do is to just keep dancing into the unknown, with a sense of wonder, humility, and impeccability.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 am

A Warrior's Journey of Awareness and Freedom

Musings of a TOltec Warrior

By Female Warrior

Love Always
    mudra
    Attachments
    The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 Attachmentfemalewarriormanuscript.pdf
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (1.4 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:40 pm

The Knock of the Spirit

He reminded me of something he had told me often: that volunteers were not welcome in the sorcerers’ world, because they already had a purpose of their own, which made it particularly hard for them to relinquish their individuality. If the sorcerers’ world demanded ideas and actions contrary to the volunteers’ purpose, the volunteers simply refused to change. ~ Carlos Castaneda, The Power of Silence

As a Toltec Warrior for many years, it seemed to me that anyone had the ability to become one, just as one might choose to become a Buddhist, and it would often frustrate me to find that people would not choose to walk this path of knowledge and awareness above all others.

Committed to walking my path and maturing as a seer has brought to know that there truly are no volunteers on the path of sorcery. I blogged about this a little over a year ago in my post Volunteers in the Sorcerer’s World and since then I have come to an even greater understanding of what this means.

Others have incorporated components of sorcery into their writings and works that are grounded in a salvationism framework that many refer to as the Toltec Path. This is not a bad thing because so many people are walking the world in which their volunteer’s purpose can be or is instrumental in this manner and as a result, people are indeed evolving and even releasing the stories that keep them in an endless cycle of samsara and suffering. Evolution for ordinary man is slow and if people choose to walk in such a way as to fulfill their life’s purpose, all we can do is be a witness to their path as it unfolds.

This past April a beautiful Toltec warrior arrived here from a land far away from America because she received the knock of the spirit and walked through the doorway into intent. With fluidity, humility, and the ability to connect with silent knowledge she was able to align and fully merge as a conduit for the spirit, to become the hollow bone through which all energy moves. Strong in her personal power, willing to ask questions, enthusiastic about recapitulating her individuality and able to refine her own connecting link to intent she has fully opened her wings to fly gracefully and beautifully as a sorcerer as intended by the spirit. An incredible dreamer who has stalked her ass off to align with her life’s purpose, she has connected so deeply with silent knowledge and will dance along the lines of awareness for the rest of her life as a seer/sorcerer.

After a lifetime of practice, don Juan continued, sorcerers, naguals in particular, know if the spirit is inviting them to enter the edifice being flaunted before them. They have learned to discipline their connecting links to intent. So they are always forewarned, always know what the spirit has in store for them.

The edifice is an incredible network that intent builds and places before a sorcerer. Don Juan refers to it as “the edifice of intent seen by a sorcerer. The knock of the spirit is the same edifice seen by the beginner who is invited, or rather forced, to enter.” When two of these networks of intent stand before one another, their emanations align and the doorways that they individually open, before one another, merge. As a result, the abstract reveals itself and the two who opened the network dance together within it.

This woman showed up, asked questions, took responsibility for her reality, cleaned her links with intent, recapitulated, and entered into silent knowledge. She was willing and ready to revive her connecting link with the spirit and with intent and humility she asked directly, that which she wanted to know without holding on to any pretenses that she already knew.  And when we stood before each other and together opened into a network of energy we danced together, and witnessed the unknowable. And then after seven beautiful and impeccable days, with utmost efficiency she was on her way back to her homeland.

The path of sorcery takes a lot of work, work that most people are not interested in undertaking. It takes direct experience, discipline, and practice and it require tons of personal power. One must become impeccable with their energy, be free of inorganic beings, clean their links and become humble before the earth and the spirit in order to truly align with intent and revive their connecting link.

And though I have said it often, perhaps I haven’t said it enough. A committed warrior works diligently to erase personal history and break free of the mold of man. Tey recapitulate and when they are done they recapitulate some more. The assemblage point must be loosened in order to relinquish individuality. And individuality must be relinquished in order to reside in the sorcerer’s world.

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to himself. Perhaps you are chasing rainbows. You’re after the self-confidence of the average man, when you should be after the humbleness of a warrior. The difference between the two is remarkable. Self-confidence entails knowing something for sure; humbleness entails being impeccable in one’s actions and feelings. ~ Don Juan, Tales of Power

Arrow http://femalewarrior.net/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 6455654993_a11f9f0423

A warrior fights to break the description of the world which has been injected into him, in order to open up a space for new things. His war is against the self. For that purpose, he tries to be permanently aware of his potential. Since the content of perception depends on the position of the assemblage point, a warrior tries with all his might to loosen the fixation of that point. Instead of creating a cult out of his speculations, he pays attention to certain premises of the path of sorcerers.

~ Carlos Castaneda, Encounters With the Nagual

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 pm

What is Your Warrior’s Task?

By FemaleWarrior

Spiral_Of_The_Sea_by_Actionjack52A warrior is devoted to his task, he doesn’t waste his energy on following anybody. He doesn’t care about social customs, whether they may be contemporary or represent millennia of tradition. ~ Carlos Castaneda, Encounters with the Nagual

The last post was a reminder as to the knock of the spirit that brought you to this path or to the principles of the warrior’s journey. In reading your responses I got to thinking about a warrior’s task and wanted to quote some of the warrior’s tasks here.

“Don Juan explained that by using heightened awareness over thousands of years of painful struggle, sorcerers had gained specific insights into intent; and that they had passed these nuggets of direct knowledge on from generation to generation to the present. He said that the task of sorcery is to take this seemingly incomprehensible knowledge and make it understandable by the standards of awareness of everyday life.” ~ The Power of Silence

“Don Juan then said that he had given me different versions of what that sorcery task consisted. He said it would not be presumptuous of him to disclose that, from the spirit’s point of view, the task consisted of clearing our connecting link with it. The edifice that intent flaunts before us is, then, a clearinghouse, within which we find not so much the procedures to clear our connecting link as the silent knowledge that allows the clearing process to take place. Without that silent knowledge no process could work, and all we would have would be an indefinite sense of needing something.” – The Power of Silence

“We have to wait,” La Gorda said. “We have to give our bodies a chance to come up with a solution.

Our task is the task of remembering, not with our minds but with our bodies. Everybody understands it like that.” ~ The Eagle’s Gift

“Lowering his voice to almost a whisper, he said that if I really felt that my spirit was distorted I should simply fix it – purge it, make it perfect – because there was no other task in our entire lives which was more worthwhile.” ~ Journey to Ixtlan

“The tonal is the organizer of the world,” don Juan proceeded. “Perhaps the best way of describing its monumental work is to say that on its shoulders rests the task of setting the chaos of the world in order. It is not farfetched to maintain, as sorcerers do, that everything we know and do as men is the work of the tonal. ~ Tales of Power

“The task which my teacher gave me, and my mission as a nagual for the era which is commencing, is to move the assemblage point of the Earth.” ~ Carlos Castaneda, Encounters with the Nagual

And there are many more. So, fellow warriors, what is your warrior’s task?

Arrow http://femalewarrior.net/2013/08/22/what-is-your-warriors-task/#more-2966

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:03 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 045a794fa538968fe20aa7b7df848022

We are like the spider.

We weave our life and then move along in it.

We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream.

This is true for the entire universe.

The Upanishads

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

The teachings of Don Juan Matus  - Page 6 First-dreamer
    The first dreamer  by Donald J Voss

The Predator Moves Within

by Female Warrior

December 16, 2013

Probably one of the hardest aspects of the predator is the one, which is most intimately ensconced within our own being, the internal dialog.  First seeded and hardest to remove, this internal presence can be the end of a Toltec path of freedom or the beginning of true seeing.

For much of his work, Casteneda speaks of silencing the inner dialog.  Silence is key to seeing.  Silence within helps one maintain a direct flowing connection to all that is.  Silence is the key to being able to shift the assemblage point.  Silence is exactly what the predator does not want us to develop.  To develop silence gives us an advantage over the predator.  We are able to see where the predator lies in wait for us, its prey.   So the predator fills us with judgments and perceptions that constantly demand we evaluate reality.  Like, dislike, right, wrong, good, and bad… all of these are actually connected to the voice in our head which is rooted in desiring to not see things as they are, but as we would want them to be.  The internal dialog is the essence of self-importance and disconnection.

Toltec warriors know we have no control over anything and even less on whether it can be manipulated to our likes and dislikes.  We do have control over our reaction to things as they are.  C. Casteneda gives us no road map to how to actually silence the internal dialog.  Sitting on power spots, in caves or working with some great master is not easily accessible to most.  But everyone can practice silencing the dialog.  I personally found this within Zen meditation.  A practice of breathing, counting breaths and releasing my thoughts in silence became an important discipline as a young warrior.  With time, every thought began to be treated as a passing fancy.  Emotional reactions lessened my demand on reality being the way I wanted it to be.    Realizing that emotions and thoughts are all just moving through my mind and will pass away was the gift of meditation practice.

The key is observing thoughts and emotions as unimportant.   Becoming detached from the processes and recognizing the roots is recapitulation within.   Thoughts come, and they go.  For a moment this seams more important than that… but this too shall pass.  Breathing in and through stuck thoughts and emotions allow for things to just move of themselves.  This is the gift… soon equanimity will infect all of ones life.  The good, the bad all become the same.  Suddenly the colors of the world as it is becomes brighter, more connected, because silence is underneath the practice.   We are shifting our attention away from our ration and self-importance and to our center at the assemblage point.

This is when the predator attacks.  First by sending us petty tyrants to challenge our core beliefs.   The warrior considers them a gift of great value.   Second, the predator places fear in our path, often from an ally, inorganic being or personal drama.  Finally the foreign installation attacks our mind itself.  Our thoughts go wild and mad.  We feel on the verge of complete insanity.  Why after all this practice does this occur.  The final fingers, tentacles of intent, of the predator are struggling with all its energy, and ours, to maintain its position within.  Plus as we align with silence, we are no longer wasting energy on the internal dialog.  We thus have excess energy.  And that makes us even more attractive to the predator.

We are challenged at this point to either align with intent for no reason at all with no expectation of any outcome or not.  We are challenged to release all of our preconceived notions about our world.  We are challenged to leap into the abyss with no parachute but our own wits and spirit to guide us.  We are challenged to risk everything for freedom itself must begin within our own minds or not at all.

For the ancient sorcerers excess energy was used to manipulate their world and others around them.  This dark path is considered a trap to the modern seer of freedom.  But it is attractive because we now have the energy to shift our attention and others onto what we desire.  Yet this is an even deeper layer of the challenge from the predator.  It is the final trap before really seeing.

For the modern seer, we defeat the reasons for desiring or manipulating our world and use this excess energy to see; to see the emanations of the universe; to see the opportunities for us to shift our assemblage point to other worlds; to pay attention to the world as it is; to glean as much from our world as we can; to be grateful for a life of awareness.  For the warrior of freedom, we energize and take a masterful and artful movement with intent to dislodge the assemblage point and begin to move along lines of perception.  This maneuver is the practice of freedom.  Seeing is the key, shifting the practice… this is true dreaming… And we stalk the wild pendulum within to be able to truly see and therefor shift our assemblage points.

Arrow http://toltecartist.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/the-predator-moves-within/

Love Always
    mudra
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Don Juan is in a class with other Avatars who choose to forge their way within the cross, but they continue to play out the drama that brings them to the crossroads every time...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 am

magamud wrote:Don Juan is in a class with other Avatars who choose to forge their way within the cross, but they continue to play out the drama that brings them to the crossroads every time...

I am sure you understand yourself Magamud as I think so did Don Juan.
    I respect both of you for your understanding of the way.

Love for You
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am