~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Your prayers and support needed for our friend Brook

Brook

Re: Your prayers and support needed for our friend Brook

Post  Brook on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 am

Good Morning!

Hi ODM....In answer to your question:

T
    hank-you for the update. I hope and pray for a complete-remission. I'm a bit puzzled by the few donors, and by the few posts. Certainly Brook has influenced a large number of individuals throughout the years on several websites. I was never onboard with all of the Egyptology, mostly because I was unfamiliar with the subject, but I tried to keep-up with at least some of it, and integrate it into my paradigm of life, the universe, and everything. I never know who I'm really dealing with on the internet. It's a big guessing-game. I continue to think that Brook should get at least a couple of books published in a hurry, to help with expenses, and to provide the general-public with a genuinely-profound alternative-perspective. I've been looking for Brook-Books for several-years now. I keep wondering if Brook is a very-real Matrix-Oracle??!! That wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Here's that donation-site. It seems OK, but can anyone verify that it is?? https://www.youcaring.com/brookschiner-1130470

I can verify that it's okay.  The funds go straight to my bank account. For which I've already paid toward some of my medical bills to get them off my back.  My son and his wife set this up because they have been concerned with me stressing on the medical bills that keep coming in and at the moment I only get my base salary which will be over the end of May.  After that comes the insurance coverage which of course I desperately need and until September when I qualify for Medicare (I turn 65) I'm sort of screwed on this thing called COBRA where I have the option to keep my current insurance for a time but I have to pay full price.  Now I have applied for Social Security Disability which I certainly qualify for but it will not kick in until the end of April which is good as that is when my regular pay stops for my temporary disability ends.  But the amount for that will not cover all my basic bills and the insurance.  Then of course there are now around 5000 dollars worth of medical bills that were included in my out of pocket deductible that I have to be paid as well that keep coming in and piling up.  

In other words I'm kinda screwed hence the reason my son started that fund me page.

My take on all of this is I just don't want to lose my house due to unpaid medical bills.  After September I should be okay as I will get the medicare and the supplemental coverage to cover the gap that is not paid by Medicare.  Until then I just need to figure out how to pay these medical bills and I just have to be patient and stop stressing.  Stress is the worst thing when you're sick and I intend on fighting this ODM!  When I first got the shock of this illness I was floored and at a loss as to what to do.  Do I just give up?  Hell no!

Monday I start the chemo all over again....for today I'm just going to enjoy the company of my grandson who fills my heart with joy!

Don't worry ODM I plan on being around for at least another couple of years if that is in my future.  I'm planning that at the very least.

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank-you Brook. It's good to see you posting! I'm Sirius about a Brook-Book! Some of the stuff on the Red-Pill Thread blew me away! Your participation on that 'Amen Ra' thread on the Old Project Avalon was priceless! There have been at least 160,000 views of that thread (most of them since the site was closed to posting in 2010). A few months later, someone (who was quite credible) looked me in the eye (one dark night) and said (matter of fact) "I AM RA!" If they were 'RA' I don't know if they were 'Amen' or 'Marduk'. I suspect 'Marduk'. Who Knows? I just think you need to create a book (with lots of illustrations). Regarding the cancer, would a Conventional and Naturopathic cooperative-approach be a possibility? I'm sorry. I'm rambling. I just wish you the best in this ordeal. There's way too much trouble and suffering in this seemingly god-forsaken world. We probably need challenges, but not the nasty messes too many of us find ourselves in. Namaste and Godspeed.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Seashore wrote:Maybe this book will be helpful?

I haven't read the book but it sounds to me that the author, Sophie Sabbage, has a lot in common with you.

I am on Sophie Sabbage's mailing list, and today I received this beautiful email:

Personal news

There are moments in time when bitter and sweet become the same. Just over two weeks ago, I watched my beloved father die from cancer - also in the lung but different from mine. He did not lose a battle. He sought my counsel from the beginning, directed his own treatment and bought himself another two years in the process. He proudly gave a copy of The Cancer Whisperer to every nurse and doctor who treated him during this time, insisting they read it to understand their patients better.

Cancer can be brutal and Dad’s last months were far from easy. But his will to live was astonishing and inspiring. So was his ultimate willingness to let go. He spent his last Christmas in the Welsh home he built several decades ago, now inhabited by my brother and his family, with all his children and grandchildren. This closed the circle on his life and brought him great peace.

When the time came, he turned into death and chose it, however much he still wanted to stay. This is one of the ways we can win even when we lose. It was my privilege to be there for his last words and breaths, which was one of the darkest and yet brightest hours of my life. It was devastatingly exquisite. I have been astonished by the depth of my grief and the way love bursts its banks when grief visits.

He wanted to die before me and did, knowing my last scan results were good and I am well. My latest results in early March showed everything holding steady with a little improvement. After three weeks of blinding headaches, which may have been side effects from the high dosage of drugs I am taking, this was an immense relief. In all our focus on Dad, I forgot to update you about this. I got to be a carer instead of a patient for a while, an experience that profoundly deepened my appreciation for all those who care for us cancer peeps - especially my extraordinary husband. It is a heart-wrenching role to fulfil.

I have more news to share very soon, but this update is in honour of my father, the cancer whisperer, who made the world a better place.

I am grateful for his life and ever more grateful for my own.

Reality Writer - Inspirational Speaker - Transformational Facilitator
    Sophie Sabbage
    Tonbridge Kent TN
    UNITED KINGDOM
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 am

Seashore

Post  Seashore on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:21 am

Seashore wrote:Also, I'd like to share that I keep thinking about Dr. Lorraine Day's story.  My understanding is that she was on her deathbed when she asked God to help her and that started her on her self-imposed treatment path.  That was many, many years ago.

A recent interview of her:

Lillian McDermott Radio Show
    Published on Oct 30, 2017

Can you imagine being told that if you don’t do chemotherapy you will die? Then, while in hospice getting ready to transition, suddenly you realize, it is not your time to go. It is however your time to forgive, acknowledge a higher power, receive the nutrients your body needs, get plenty of sunlight and water, and more… Lorraine Day, M.D., lived this scenario and, 24 year later, she is back to share her journey after hospice (and cancer) and how she healed her body naturally and without toxicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QevOisvrmIo

To avoid static at the beginning, start at 1:04.
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pm

maybe someone should repost the link
    to asking for donations...

seems that THUBAN group stepped up to the plate
    how about the rest of you ???

you know, or, should know deep in your hearts
    that she did alot for project avalon, project camelot and this site
    along with for all of you !!!

- ironic, that you really don;t receive anything of any great value
    until you learn to give !!!

HELP BROOK
    - even $1, $5 or $10 helps
    (if you can add more zeros do so)
    this could be YOU !!!
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:05 pm

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm

"Kiss the Earth" (La Luna) by Ajeet Kaur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6hEvSvpx7M

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue May 01, 2018 1:02 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I continue to wish and pray for the best for Brook. Here is a generic comment for all-concerned. Consider the concept of having a General-Practice Medical-Doctor AND Natural-Preventive Naturopathic-Doctor who communicate with each-other on a regular-basis to help provide the best possible preventive-lifestyle, early-detection, and as natural and non-invasive treatment as possible. Then, consider combining this foundation with a fitness-gym membership and personal-research. Finally, consider regularly shopping at a health-food store or grocery-store which specializes in naturals and organic-foods. This would be an ongoing sort of thing, and not just when a crisis arose. This would be as much about quality of life, as it would be about prevention and treatment. I'm presently leaning toward a low-tech life in natural-surroundings, in combination with all of the above. Once again, I wish to thank Brook and Lionhawk for the FANTASTIC Threads and Posts on Project Avalon and The Mists of Avalon. I have yet to properly research their material on these two websites. I LOVED that Brook Interview. It answered a lot of questions I've had for years. Thank-You!!

Mercuriel wrote:
    My Dear Friend Brook...

Speechless...

Simply speechless...

MUCH Love to You in this

orthodoxymoron wrote:Good to see you posting, Mercuriel. I've missed your presence on this site, but I knew you were lurking in the shadows (like I'm trying to do presently). Thank-you for your patience with me throughout the years. I hope that someday all of us can know all about what was really going-on with Project Avalon and The Mists of Avalon (not to mention the real History of Earth, Humanity, and This Solar System). Meanwhile, here is another interview involving Brook. I could listen to this sort of thing each and every day.

This might be in poor-taste, but I contributed $100 to Brook. Having said that, I still feel guilty and bewildered by my lack of support, and by the seemingly lacking support of others. What the hell is going on?? Only $1,100 has been donated to Brook (by 6 donors). One individual donated $500. https://www.youcaring.com/brookschiner-1130470 I'm also feeling guilty and bewildered concerning the alleged death of Sherry Shriner in early January of 2018. I have NO Idea if she's really dead or not. If she's dead, how the hell did she die?? Where is the extensive discussion of her show and death?? I enjoyed listening to those Brook interviews on the Cosmic Emporium. The voice and manner were pretty-much what I expected. I remembered hearing a similar voice of a caller (from Indio) to the Art Bell Show (during the Blanche Barton interview). I noticed a similar voice in the documentary 'When God Left the Building'. Notice the person being interviewed at the 42 second mark in the following trailer. I continue to wonder if all of this is a puzzle to be solved?? I could be a lot more specific, but I always beat around the burning bush, rather than just blurting things out. BTW, do we have a progress-report of Brook's condition and situation??

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 pm

What's going on here?? Only $1,100 has been raised for Brook, with the last donation nearly one month ago. I thought Brook was popular and well thought of in several forums and in real life. WTF?? I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the internet in general, and forums in particular. The technology has taken over, or We The Peons are finally discovering that technology has taken over. We seem to be losing our minds and souls at a frightening pace. I see people who seem to have sold their souls to the system (and to whoever runs the system) and they're almost paramilitary and robotic. It's sort of creepy. There was virtually no interest in my plight when I had my heart-surgery over a year ago. Just a couple of family members, a couple of forum members, and my dentist. But given my lack of tact and charm, I shouldn't have been surprised!! But Brook is different, or so I thought. WTF?? I still don't know if Sherry Shriner REALLY died, or who she REALLY was or is. I'm serious about withdrawing from the Info-War. It seems as if one only exposes themselves to Agencies International and Religious Bigots Incorporated (or something like that). Hard-Work and Free-Wisdom never seems to be rewarded. Just the Opposite. Didn't Jesus say something about "Casting Pearls Before the Swine"?? I don't know if the Historical-Jesus of 2,000 years-ago actually existed or not, but the Red-Letter Teachings of Jesus are quite-profound (in general). Anyway, I might just watch documentaries on the internet, without participating. I wasn't on-board with Brook and Sherry (and they were VERY different from each-other) but they seemed to reveal a lot of forbidden-stuff (for better or worse, I know not). I've recently thought that participating in a university might trump participating in a church, at this late-date in the societal-evolution of Earth and Humanity. Anyway, I have a need to know regarding Brook Schiner and Sherry Shriner. They were a part of my strange research-project. I wouldn't do it again, but what's done is done, and it's time to move on.
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:37 am

Thank you for sharing your concerns Oxy.
    Maybe people contributed from elsewhere or otherwise Oxy.
    Not everyone owns a visa or mastercard as required on that site.
    Not all good flows come in the form of money.
    Only Brook would be able to tell of the help and signs of encouragement she got and in what form.
    Some may also come through perfect silence and yet impeccable presence.
    Lets not fall into the trap of looking at one vista and come to the
    conclusion that we have the full view.

I am unable to give you any fresh news about Brook.
    The last that I know from what she posted on fb is that
    she was undergoing a heavy emotional turmoil and that
    her heart was broken.

This was so personal I chose not to copy paste it here.
    And I think this was pertinent of me as she soon after
    deleted all the posts relating to that matter.

Since than she doesn't post anymore on fb.

I hold Brook in my heart.

Love from me
    mudra
    giovonni

Post  giovonni on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 am

Posted today June 2, 2018
    Here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?101221-Cancer-killing-Killing-Cancer-My-Heart-Path&p=1227335&viewfull=1#post1227335

From Brook (Shadowself) ...

Today 12:22

Re: Cancer killing/Killing Cancer ~ My Heart Path

Good morning!

I apologize for the long pause. Oh I wish I could get a spa treatment! I'd give anything to be sitting in a botanical hot pool with the scents and sounds of nature all around.

I've been truthfully having a hard time the last month. ups and downs. An example is I could not do my chemo last week because my blood platelets were too low and I don't want to bleed to death from the chemo treatments. If they are not up by this Monday I will probably have to have a blood transfusion to add some platelets to my blood. I'm guessing it's being caused from the blood thinners for my heart. I'll find out more this coming week when I get a chance to speak with the doctor.

A week from Monday I get another CAT scan and see how the tumors are progressing. I have stopped losing weight which is a good thing. I've been working on eating high calorie and protein foods and even some ice cream which makes me happy.

I think the hardest thing to get over is the fact that I'm just too tired most of the time to do much. For me this is hard as I'm usually very active and the inability to do the things I'd like to do slows me down which I'm just not used to. Every day seems to be about my next dose of medicine.

This is a small glimpse of a somewhat successful stage 4 cancer patient working to fight everyday for my life. After I got my computer up and running great I stepped away from it and didn't even open my laptop for almost a month. But here I am back and hoping I didn't worry you all too much.

This is obviously a personal decision to go the route of chemo and if anybody else here gets this awful disease they can see what one person is going through to fight it going that route of chemo. I must admit I was sent some CBD oil which I am going to probably add to my list of treatments. So many people have recommended it that I simply have to see if it makes a difference. We'll see. I have learned that the chemo with this kind of cancer (small cell lung cancer) will eventually stop working which I've been warned about. Then it seems I qualify for trials. Unfortunately there does not seem to be much information out there on trials for small cell cancer that I can look into and the choice of trials will most likely be up to my doctor.

So far besides the blood platelets problem I'm doing well with the chemo which is a positive...but eventually it will cease to work. Until then I just have to keep searching for what will be next in the fight for my life. The hardest thing to deal with is the occasional depression which pops up every now and then knowing what is ahead at some point in time. That is a total mind bending experience which I would not wish on anybody but this is what every cancer patient with a diagnosis must at some time face.

My last official day of employment is the 6th of this month then I'm officially unemployed which is a strange experience for me as I've worked all my life it seems at some job and this is the longest time I've ever not worked at some job in my life. My temporary disability officially ends then and I guess you could say I'm a free woman! Whoa...another thing to process. Part of me screams with glee then another part is lost as to what to do now. The truth is the only thing I have to do now is heal and this is the hardest thing to accept as this is by far not the easiest thing to do. In fact this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I did start a herb garden on my back porch with some help and it's doing great. It also has some cherry tomatoes and kale which is considered a super food and very good for you. Also a variety of peppers from hot to sweet. Joe would be proud of me eh?

So I'll close for now and later this week I'll send some pics of the garden. It's very therapeutic and keeps me daily in the sunlight which is also good for me.

Have a great day! And thank you all for the warm wishes and thoughts.  ❤️
    Brook

Post  Brook on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 am

Good morning!

First off...I want to thank you ODM for your generous contribution.  All of that money went toward staving off the bill collectors.  My heating and air conditioner unit went out and that is uppermost in my needs at the moment.  Replacement (which is what I need) is far and away out of my reach...$4500.00.  Chemo without air conditioning is miserable.  I did get a loan of a window unit for the time being but this needs to be fixed and I really have no idea how to raise the money to do it.  When winter comes if I live that long will be another story...so it needs attention. I've never had to ask for charity and it's one of the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I also realize as I said most of the people who know me are as broke as I am so that is a primary reason why I'm sure no one has done more and I understand that totally.  But I thank you ODM for the supportive words.   I also want to thank those who maybe did not give me a cash support but sent me things such as bedding for my son and his wife (thank you Carol) and the CBD oil which I'm getting ready to start here soon.  The fact is most people that know me are as broke as I am presently.  We sort of gather in groups eh?

I apologize for the long pause. Oh I wish I could get a spa treatment! Can I dream? I'd give anything to be sitting in a botanical hot pool with the scents and sounds of nature all around.

I've been truthfully having a hard time the last month. ups and downs. An example is I could not do my chemo last week because my blood platelets were too low and I don't want to bleed to death from the chemo treatments. If they are not up by this Monday I will probably have to have a blood transfusion to add some platelets to my blood. I'm guessing it's being caused from the blood thinners for my heart. I'll find out more this coming week when I get a chance to speak with the doctor.

A week from Monday I get another CAT scan and see how the tumors are progressing. I have stopped losing weight which is a good thing. I've been working on eating high calorie and protein foods and even some ice cream which makes me happy.

I think the hardest thing to get over is the fact that I'm just too tired most of the time to do much. For me this is hard as I'm usually very active and the inability to do the things I'd like to do slows me down which I'm just not used to. Every day seems to be about my next dose of medicine.

This is a small glimpse of a somewhat successful stage 4 cancer patient working to fight everyday for my life. After I got my computer up and running great a month ago..I stepped away from it and didn't even open my laptop for almost a month. But here I am back and hoping I didn't worry you all too much.

This is obviously a personal decision to go the route of chemo and if anybody else here gets this awful disease they can see what one person is going through to fight it going that route of chemo. I must admit I was sent some CBD oil which I am going to probably add to my list of treatments. So many people have recommended it that I simply have to see if it makes a difference. We'll see. I have learned that the chemo with this kind of cancer (small cell lung cancer) will eventually stop working which I've been warned about. Then it seems I qualify for trials. Unfortunately there does not seem to be much information out there on trials for small cell cancer that I can look into and the choice of trials will most likely be up to my doctor.

So far besides the blood platelets problem I'm doing well with the chemo which is a positive...but eventually it will cease to work. Until then I just have to keep searching for what will be next in the fight for my life. The hardest thing to deal with is the occasional depression which pops up every now and then knowing what is ahead at some point in time. That is a total mind bending experience which I would not wish on anybody but this is what every cancer patient with a diagnosis must at some time face.  There was a problem which cropped up that Mudra is speaking about where I thought Lionhawk was leaving me.  He is not going anywhere.  You have to understand that the people that love you are as effected as you are in many ways.  But I can rest assured he is not going anywhere.  There was a huge misunderstanding which got way out of control and he just didn't know what else to do but figured  if he left it would be better for my health.  He was wrong.  I need him now more than ever.

My last official day of employment is the 6th of this month then I'm officially unemployed which is a strange experience for me as I've worked all my life it seems at some job and this is the longest time I've ever not worked at some job in my life. My temporary disability officially ends then and I guess you could say I'm a free woman! Whoa...another thing to process. Part of me screams with glee then another part is lost as to what to do now. The truth is the only thing I have to do now is heal and this is the hardest thing to accept as this is by far not the easiest thing to do. In fact this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I did start a herb garden on my back porch with some help and it's doing great. It also has some cherry tomatoes and kale which is considered a super food and very good for you. Also a variety of peppers from hot to sweet.

Have a great day! And thank you all for the warm wishes and thoughts.

Last edited by Brook on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks for the update Gio / Brook and hello. I saw you logged in catching up a bit on what's here. So glad you're spending some time in the sun with your garden. Sunlight and gardens are healing. JT Hadriel

Last edited by Carol on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Brook

Post  Brook on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks Gio for copying the message. I pretty much recopied it for my reply but added to it for the response to ODM's concerns.
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am

It's good to see you posting, Brook. I wish the circumstances were better. I wonder if some of us have been made sick (physically, mentally, and spiritually) because of what we've posted, written, and said?? I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get us. I suspect that a lot of the breakthrough revelatory work is being done by the poor, sick, and elderly, with very little credit and compensation provided for them. They often have more reflective time and motivation than the upwardly-mobile and worldly-successful. It might be a bit late for a lot of us, but perhaps simply studying the world to identify business and financial opportunities might be a more profitable and incognito method of truth-seeking, which does not result in overexposure to nefarious forces and agencies. Then, one might have abundant-resources when sickness and adversity strikes. On the other hand, I watched a retired Boeing executive die of liver-cancer very-quickly (many years ago). I passively know a wealthy individual whose wife recently died, and who is now dying of cancer. So, I suppose wealth is not the answer either. I'm lost regarding what to do about suffering and disease in a world where the bottom-line is the bottom-line, and ignorance is bliss and a virtue. https://www.youcaring.com/brookschiner-1130470
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:10 am

I am so happy you managed to pop in Brook.
    And glad you are grounding yourself to nature  Cheerful
    This will do you much good.
    I feel you calmer and stronger too.

I wish you well on this journey of yours.
    Many challenges but opportunities too.

We, your friends are sharing this journey with you.

You are in my Heart Always
    Love for You

mudra

Last edited by mudra on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:28 am

Bahramji & Maneesh de Moor × Return Of The Nightingale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzvR2pYRr0o

Love Always
    mudra
    Brook

Post  Brook on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:35 am

Good Morning!  Brook

First off I'd like to thank who ever made a donation to the you caring site set up for me.  I received an anonymous notice this morning in my email. It had to be from this site as I pretty much gave up on the site as a lost cause.  I'm not very good at fund raisers for myself as I said (call it some kind of misplaced pride) asking for help by way of charity.  I suppose I should swallow my pride eh?

Well I  promised some pics of my herb garden which is actually more than just herbs so here goes...

Here is a bit of a list of the garden contents:  Cilantro, cherry tomatoes, spearmint, a wide variety of peppers (hot and sweet), thyme, oregano, basil, and kale.

I also decided to feed the bees with a variety of flowers.  

Cilantro and cherry tomatoes:

Some pepper plants, basil,oregano, and thyme.

somewhat growing larger than expected the spearmint:

I think there is a limit to images so I'll add the rest in another post...
    Brook

Post  Brook on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 am

Thyme and cherry tomatoes with some flowering plants around to feed the bees

Several varieties of basil

Kale

Some flower arrangements I made

these are a variety of flowers which have not bloomed yet

mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:57 pm

What a lovely spot you live in Brook.
    And how happy these growing plants seem to be.
    I almost hear them singing Harp
    You did an awesome job there cheers

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Nature is the Best-Medicine (along with laughter) in so many ways. Wisdom seems to have a high-price. Adversity seems to provide Clarity. Perhaps Pain is the Cost of Doing Business in the Universe. Perhaps there's no other way. Who Knows??

mudra

Post  mudra on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Nature is the Best-Medicine (along with laughter) in so many ways.

Yes  cheers

Wisdom seems to have a high-price.

Wisdom is priceless imho Oxy

Adversity seems to provide Clarity.

From tiny seed to mighty tree imagine the amount of efforts and counter efforts that takes.
    This subtle interplay is what brings things into being for one to see.

Perhaps Pain is the Cost of Doing Business in the Universe. Perhaps there's no other way.

Well seen Oxy.
    To me pain is the cost of " Doing things for something  " rather than the joy of " Being with ".
    Perhaps the latter is The way.  

Who Knows??

ONE  knows.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:26 am

June 11
    Brook posted the following re her health on her facebook page:

"Well, not good...in my liver there are too many nodules of cancer to count and more in my lungs and now in my mammary gland as well. Lymph nodes are spreading too. It's also in my bones but not spreading as much. So they are putting me on some heavy duty chemo that is three days in a row and this time I'm losing my hair. This sucks! Sorry I could not deliver better news.

And later that day:

Thank you everyone for the kind words of support. I won't lie, I'm a bit scared. I've been doing some reading on metastatic liver cancer and the prognosis is not good. Apparently there is no cure for it. Controlling it before there is too much damage is all they can do.

I'm also a bit frightened about this new chemo. A social worker called me yesterday to come in early today before I start to discuss the changes and what to expect. I fear this is going to be very hard and challenging for me. I was taking the other chemo quite well...but this is going to be decidedly different. I was warned that eventually the chemo would stop working and the cancer would prevail. This is the pitfalls of small cell lung cancer that I've been warned about and while I suppose I was in a bit of denial the time has come to face this disease as it stands.

My daughter in law is coming over this morning with the baby and we are going to get some coffee and hang out for a bit before I have to face this head on.

It's not dying that I'm afraid of btw...it's facing this horrible disease and going through it that I'm worried about. Shoot if I die I know there are two people waiting to welcome me and take me home. I must also say that is a welcoming thought that keeps me hopeful as I miss them very much and the day we reunite is going to be wonderful. I will also be free of this horrible disease and pain free which will be a tremendous relief. I don't talk much about the pain but it exists which I've been medicating with opiates for and will apparently continue to do until it's time to go. I know some people feel opiates are bad....but in my case it's a great relief and much needed.

I know everyone thinks there is a way to beat this and I will give it my best shot but facing reality has to come into play and until this disease has found a cure and they figure out some way to regenerate the liver I'm stuck with facing that reality.

Please don't feel sorry for me as I'm one of many who face these challenges everyday. Some much younger than me and it breaks my heart every time I see it at the infusion center where I get my chemo. I also feel that in the near future I will not be up to writing much as this new level of treatment is going to prevent that. This is why I'm sharing this now. I want to convey that it's with great gratitude that I've been blessed with your friendships.

It is I in essence who would like to send blessings to you for every day is a blessing and every moment there are things to be grateful for. I am grateful for being blessed with your friendships and send you blessing in that space of gratitude. May you find kindness in all that you meet.

You signs of Love, kindness and compassion for her are most welcome here my dear friends from the Mists.

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 am

This is sad and sobering news. I don't know what to say. I never seem to say the right thing. I recently wrote a short-note to a young-person with terminal-cancer, and I think I might've said the wrong thing. I wasn't upbeat enough. I'll make this brief, but at what point does one simply be honest, rather than saying the right-thing?? In so much of life it seems as if lying is the right-thing, but we never call it 'lying'. We call it 'being tactful' or 'being inspirational' or 'inspiring faith, hope, and love'. Is it the wrong-thing to say that most cancer can be prevented, and that most cancer can be successfully-treated with forbidden natural-remedies which mainstream-medicine and the mainstream-media won't touch with ten-foot poles, mostly because that would be 'bad for business'?? No Margin?? No Mission?? Sick World?? There's a Cancer Growing on Humanity Which Might Be Terminal. Oops, I Did It Again. I Said the Wrong-Thing. Much Love to Brook. I'm Praying for a Miracle-Cure or Just an Old-Fashioned Miracle. Namaste and Godspeed.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm