tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
Swanny
Carol
Pris
7 posters

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

mudra
    mudra

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 2 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 2 40284510

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 2 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Seth on the Point of Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJL1BpqBm1A

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:05 am

Seth on illness

Seth: "A cure of any kind will never depend upon any given treatment. It will in all cases depend upon the belief on the part of the sufferer that he can be cured. It will depend upon his desire to be cured. It will depend upon the strength of the purpose that an illness serves. It will depend upon, in the last analysis, the individual’s own ability to mobilize his own energies, for only these will effect a cure."
    Session 159 - Book 4 of the Early Sessions

"All illness is almost always the result of another action that cannot be followed through.
    When the lines to the original action are released and the channels opened, the illness will vanish, however, the thwarted action may be one with disastrous consequences which the illness may prevent. The personality has it's own logic."
    The Seth Material page 169

"An illness is a failure to solve a mental or psychological problem in the correct manner...The energy that would be used to solve the problem instead is spent maintaining the illness. It is therefore necessary that an attempt be made as soon as possible to solve the problem, which of course must first be discovered by the ego, which has avoided it."
    Session 159 - Book 4 of the Early Sessions

"When a man is ill it is not necessarily because he wants to be ill subconsciously. It is not necessarily because he is receiving some hidden psychological benefit, or because the illness fulfills some need. He is ill often - always in fact - because of a distortion that is occurring within the self, and materialized in physical form."
    Session 297 - Book 7 of the Early Sessions

"Your physical condition in every way is a reflection of your inner expectations, accomplishments, and failures, and I have told you that any illness is the result of an inner distortion. Now this distortion may possibly be a hangover from a previous existence but it is a distortion."
    Session 300 - Book 7 of the Early Sessio
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 am

Hi Mudra

I found the seth books almost 30 years ago and the information they contain is valuable and in keeping with other mystical traditions, they are completely in tune with yogic principles, for example.

I may just be greedy, but I always seemed to want more from Seth on his actual state of being. At the end of many sessions seth would ask if there were any questions to him, and the offer was often refused.

Have you come across any of the writings which go into more detail about seth, and his 'state of being'.. more on 'what' he is rather than what he wants to teach?

VM
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 pm

No I haven't  Vidya.
    I am rather new to the subject and have just read " The nature of personal reality " so far.
    There is a group on Facebook  that is run by an Old timer " Joachim Klamann "  
    which seems to know these materials in depth.
    You may ask him the question if you wish.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/40369638028/

I've just added you there I believe thinking I was sending you an invite instead.
    Sorry for my clumsy handling of FB's features !

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:30 pm

The more " civilized ' man becomes, the more his social structures and practices separate him from intimate relationship with nature - and the more natural catastrophes there will be, because underneath he senses his great need for identification with nature; he will himself conjure it into earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods, so that he can once again feel not only their energy but his own.

For many people, a natural calamity provides their first personal experience with the realities of creaturehood's connection with the planet. Under such conditions men who feel a part of nothing, of no structure or family or country, can understand in a flash their comradeship with the earth, their place upon it and its energy; through suddenly recognizing that relationship they feel their own power for action.

Session 665, May 23, 1973

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Out of Body Presentation at the CA Seth Conference 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRV6opZyvSg

Thomas Leichardt presents and demystifies the riveting topic of Out of Body Exploration at the CA Seth Conference in 2013. While offering a basis of understanding, as well as a sure-fire technique for getting out, Thomas also delves deep into the massive body of the Seth Material for quotes and gems of illumination, understanding, and realization. This is the first part of a 3 part series, you can see his other videos here: * 2014 OBE talk: https://youtu.be/MDLvwBkEhJw * 2015 OBE talk: https://youtu.be/I1TQf7rtr_8

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:51 pm

"Now, when individually you believe in peace, and when you no longer believe that good is weak and evil is powerful, then on a country-wide basis, you will put people into power who believe in the active nature of peace. And, again, there is no other answer."
    ~ Seth

Susan M. Watkins, Conversations with Seth, Book One, 25th Anniversary Edition, pg. 233

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Guilt and Compassion

Seth: "Now: It is often said that man believes in devils because he believes in gods. The fact is that man began to believe in demons when he started to feel a sense of guilt. The guilt itself arose with the birth of compassion.

Animals have a sense of justice that you do not understand, and built-in to that innocent sense of integrity there is a biological compassion, understood at the deepest cellular levels.
    [...]

Compassion “rose” from the biological structure up to emotional reality. The “new” consciousness accepted its emerging triumph — freedom — and was faced with responsibility for action of a conscious level, and with the birth of guilt.
    [...]

Man, pursuing his own way, chose to step outside of that framework — on a conscious level. The birth of compassion then took the place of the animals’ innate knowledge; the biological compassion turned into emotional realization.
    [...]

Guilt is the other side of compassion. Its original purpose was to enable you to empathize on an aware level with yourselves and other members of creaturehood, so that you could consciously control what was previously handled on a biological level alone. Guilt in that respect therefore has a strong natural basis, and when it is perverted, misused or misunderstood, it has that great terrifying energy of any runaway basic phenomenon."

—NoPR Session 634, January 22, 1973

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Seth: "I do not want you to have the attitude, however, or make the implication, that your health or status in any way automatically, and alone, is an indication of your spiritual wealth... or lack of it."

Seth: "If you are in poor health, this does not mean that you are an evil person. It means that you have a block in that particular area... in which you are unable to utilize energy constructively. And if you are not at the top of your profession, the same thing applies. It does not follow that those in excellent health are more blessed than others. It does mean that in that particular area they are able to utilize energy more effectively.
    And theoretically, theoretically, if you are using energy the way you should, you would indeed be at the top of your profession and in excellent health and filled with abundance. Now various kinds of lacks can show up in many ways... in mental deficiencies... A man or a woman who has strong and definite mental deficiencies... who has strong negative habits... such a person has blocks in those areas. You may not attain perfection... I have not attained it. But it is the ideal toward which we work.
    I do not want you to have the attitude, however, or make the implication, that your health or status in any way automatically, and alone, is an indication of your spiritual wealth... or lack of it.
    Some of you for example, do well in certain areas and are blocked in others. We want to get rid of the blocks. You are working toward this ideal, and the ideal is—and you will achieve it—to use all your abilities, all of your capabilities... and in doing this, you will help others automatically. And you will help the race of which you are a part. And you will add to the creativity of All That Is ... and I said that you would add to it."

Esp Class
    June 3, 1969

Session 485, Book 8 of the Early Sessions
    © L. Davies Butts

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 2 61997097_985087105215982_3783551783285030912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru1-1

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:57 am

"If you burn your finger it hurts immediately. Your body instantly begins a cooperative venture, in which adjustments are made so that the wound begins to heal. If a portion of the race is hurt it may take a while before “you” feel the pain, but the entire unconscious mechanism of the species will try to heal the wound. Consciously you can facilitate that development, and admit your brotherhood with all other living beings. The healing will take place far quicker if you do. A biological brotherhood exists, an inner empathy on cellular levels, connecting all individuals of the species with one another. This is the result of a biological idealization. It exists in all species, and connects all species.

"The race suffers when any of its members die of starvation or disease, even as a whole plant suffers if a group of its leaves are “unhappy.” In the same way all members of the species are benefited by the happiness, health, and fulfillment of any of those individuals who compose it. Man can be aware of the vast medium of probabilities in which he exists, and therefore consciously choose those best suited to those idealizations that point toward his greatest fulfillment. One part of the species cannot grow or develop at the expense of the other portions for very long."

—Seth, The Unknown Reality vol.1, Session 697

Love Always
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 am

I started going to a small spiritual group. Lawless  It was ok but they seem to follow everything a chap called Seth said. study
    They would read out a short verse and then contemplate it. Arrow Then I would come out with something like "but what if it isn't like that and you can do whatever"
    Some of them would go with the new ideas I was sharing with them but the next week it would be back to the same routine scratch

It seems to be a Seth group although it's advertised as a spiritual group. I think some of the Seth stuff is good but it's old and things have evolved and they don't seem to want to evolve so I've stopped going Candle in the Wind
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Swanny wrote:I started going to a small spiritual group. Lawless  It was ok but they seem to follow everything a chap called Seth said. study
    They would read out a short verse and then contemplate it. Arrow Then I would come out with something like "but what if it isn't like that and you can do whatever"
    Some of them would go with the new ideas I was sharing with them but the next week it would be back to the same routine scratch

It seems to be a Seth group although it's advertised as a spiritual group. I think some of the Seth stuff is good but it's old and things have evolved and they don't seem to want to evolve so I've stopped going Candle in the Wind

When the pupil is ready the master comes they say.
    But that doesn' t imply the students being witty Swanny  lol!
    The ability to think by ones own, this is a gradual build up as wisdom sets in.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 am

Seth: "First, quite simply, there are many who do not see those failings and shortcomings and trends of which you spoke earlier. They cannot be told; they learn."

Seth: "The horror and the results of mismanagement, and the vulnerability, are the teaching methods that each consciousness has accepted before entering your system. There is no way out but to learn or to ruin the entire system. In no other field of reality are the terms so drastic. For this reason the inner self withholds much of its knowledge. There must be no leaning upon the very basic fact that behind and within the system there is relief. You must believe in the physical reality and accept the vulnerability.

Now, from your system spring some of the most advanced of all identities. They go on and learn from other realities, granted, but yours is the hardest to manage, and those who accept it go off into a certain line of development where the potentials are beyond anything of which you can presently conceive.

Now I am telling you this evening not only because of your own earlier discussion, but also because this material will fit in with other sessions that I have in mind. You are not only ready for them but you are demanding them, and until you are ready you would not understand them.

First, quite simply, there are many who do not see those failings and shortcomings and trends of which you spoke earlier. They cannot be told; they learn. Now alone they would not be permitted to destroy an entire reality. The mixture of consciousness within your system gives some control. The child must mature, and your system is a maturing ground, a very primary one. A beginning school for those who are trying out for particular kinds of experience. Some simply will not succeed. They will continue instead along other lines of development.

Now, you have quite literally put in your time, for centuries. (Humorously.) This is one of the reasons that you find yourself very impatient with the development of your fellows, who have not had that advantage as yet. You have learned. You cannot understand why they have not.

There are cycles of entry into your system. Now the first, quote “mass” entries do not give you war. Those entering are at first too bewildered. Manipulation within the physical universe is strange. They do not realize the potential of their own energy, and it is not until they begin to realize it that they are, quote, “led into temptation.”

They have to learn to handle it constructively. Now cooperation is an innate feature to these entering selves. Without it they could not survive long enough to learn anything. The warlike periods do not begin until this group achieves some ability at manipulation. Now while it seems to you that there has been little advance, there has indeed in the overall. Larger masses of individuals than ever before in this cycle realize that killing is wrong."

Session 498, Book 9 of the Early Sessions

© L. Davies Butts

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Seth: "In the inner world, your desires bring about their own fulfillment, effortlessly. That inner world, and the exterior one, intersect and interweave. They only appear separate. (Pause.) In the physical world, time may have to elapse, or whatever. Conditions may have to change, or whatever, but the desire will bring about the proper results. The feeling of effortlessness is what is important."
    Seth: "This will allow you to include the feeling of inner, magical „work“ into your calculations. It would also begin (underlined) to give you a feeling for the magical support that upholds you both, and your lives - the support that Ruburt can count upon, and that can bring about the solution to his physical difficulties.
    Here, again, the vital word is ease or effortlessness. If you want to (long pause) feed a dog in the physical world - and he is on the other side of the door - you must open it. In the inner world you or the dog can walk through the door without effort, because desire is action. Desire is action.
    In the inner world, your desires bring about their own fulfillment, effortlessly. That inner world, and the exterior one, intersect and interweave. They only appear separate. (Pause.) In the physical world, time may have to elapse, or whatever. Conditions may have to change, or whatever, but the desire will bring about the proper results. The feeling of effortlessness is what is important. It is quite proper for Ruburt’s intellect to understand this, and to say, simply now, „That is not my realm. I will leave the solution to that problem where it belongs. We will use the magical approach here.“
    Magical Approach
    Session Four
    Science And Science’s Picture. Desire As Action.
    August 18, 1980
    © L. Davies Butts
    Seth: "Now: For Ruburt, I want him to remember the idea of effortlessness, because with the best of intentions he has been trying too hard. (Pause.) I want him to remember that relaxation is one of creativity’s greatest champions - not its enemy. He is naturally gifted with the quickness of body and mind. Remind him that it is safe to express his natural (underlined) rhythms, to remember the natural person. Your most vital inspirations are effortlessly yours. I want you to see how many of your beliefs are the result of the old framework, for in that way you will find yourselves releasing yourselves more and more, so that your own strengths come to your support."
    Magical Approach
    Session Fourteen
    The Self. Relaxation And Effortlessness.
    September 29, 1980
    © L. Davies Butts

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Seth: "There should never be a word in any language that means repentance. There should only be a word that means, “I bless,” for when you bless you do not need to repent. And when you accept a blessing, you do not need to repent. For when you realize how to accept a blessing, there is nothing to repent. Love of All That Is requires simply that you become open as air, for when you are open as air then the joy of All That Is flows through you indiscriminately, and there is nothing to repent. You only need repentance when you do not know joy. For within joy and within All That Is there is only glory that is only consciousness and song. There is only blessedness.
    When you berate yourself for your sins, then you do not realize what joy is. And All That Is is consciousness and joy. Do you berate a flower that has one crooked stem? So in yourselves, know spontaneity.
    And in spontaneity you will find joy.
    Spontaneity has its own discipline. You do not need to enforce discipline upon it. You need not enforce discipline upon it. Pretend that the bony tissue of your skulls does not exist. And let the energy of All That Is flow through you as indiscriminatelyas clouds through the skies. Do not say, “I will accept this and I will deny this.” The knowledge that is within yourselves knows. You do not have to fear the spontaneous. You do not need to fear that if you allow yourselves freedom you will travel into evil ways. Conscious restraints can lead you into avenues of denial. But the inner selves, knowing their position within All That Is, do not fear denial.
    What appears to you as evil is a result of your own ignorance. There is purpose in all things. In your spontaneity then, never forget the sacred uniqueness of a shadow upon a road, the shape of a leaf, the stain upon a coffee cup—in these simple things find a hint of your own uniqueness and travel beyond them—and ignore conscious restraint that would bind you.
    Let the inner intuitive sense speak for it is the inner voice, and the magic that unites you has no need of conscious words."
    Esp Class Session, February 25, 1969
    Tuesday
    Book 1 of the Early Class Sessions
    © L. Davies Butts

with thanks to Davide Simone

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:21 pm

"There should never be a word in any language that means repentance." I believe that this applies to atonement also. I believe that the idea of atonement runs counter everything he teaches.

Atonement goes counter the state of grace.

Seth: " If you find that you are berating yourself because of something you did yesterday, or ten years ago, you are not being virtuous."

Seth: "Man is innately good. His conscious mind must be free, with its own will. He can, therefore, consider himself bad. He is the one who sets those standards in his own image.
    The mind is also equipped to see its own beliefs, reflect upon them and evaluate their results, so using this tool as it was meant to be used would automatically help man in recognizing both his beliefs and their effects. Part of this great permissiveness has to do with the fact that man is to realize that he creates his own reality. Free will is a necessity. The leeway given allows him to materialize his ideas, meet them in physical experience, and evaluate for himself their particular kind of validity.
    (Pause at 10:34.) The animal has no such need. It nestles safely within the confines of its instincts while exploring other aspects of awareness with which man is not so intimately familiar. Yet natural grace and natural guilt are given you, and these will also grow more fully into conscious awareness. If you can sit quietly and realize that your body parts are replacing themselves constantly — if you turn your conscious mind into the consideration of such activity — then you can realize your own state of grace. If you can sense your thoughts steadily replacing themselves then you can also feel your own elegance.
    You cannot feel guilty and enjoy such recognition, however; not on a conscious level. If you find that you are berating yourself because of something you did yesterday, or ten years ago, you are not being virtuous. You are most likely involved with artificial guilt. Even if a violation occurred, natural guilt does not involve penance. It is meant as a precautionary measure, a reminder before an event.
    “Do not do this again,” is the only afterward message. I am placing these concepts within your time scheme because in your terms they were born out of it. But the fact is that all “time” is simultaneous."

Session 636, The Nature of Personal Reality

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 am

Predators, Parasites, Politics and Victimization

https://believeit.us/?p=2536

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:42 pm

Laurel Davies is looking for your stories

"Hi - I am Laurel Davies, and I have been working on a book, which many of you know-
    I am telling stories of my own use of the Seth material and also stories of some of the magical and framework events that happened to me, before meeting Rob, and afterwards, along with stories about Rob, and Jane Roberts, and their lives, and Seth and and his life. It is great to think of that Energy Essence smiling at us all today- because he is most definitely there and aware.
    I would like to include a chapter in my book with stories from readers of the material but I would also like to have your stories published in my book without your real or full name- although you could opt to have your first name (or your entire name-but I think that keeping your privacy would be better).
    I am looking for stories of magical events that have happened for you using Seth's work- or using Jane's, or Rob's work and ideas. Dreams will also work, law of attraction events, synchronicity events, people and events who have been helped with things that you have learned, intuitions and awareness of the future- any mental event that you have had that interests you- all of these would be interesting to other people. As individuals as well as as group I think your contributions might be outstanding! "

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1614.0

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:01 am

Seth: "There are no fears from your present life that you cannot escape and conquer. I have not said that you will necessarily escape and conquer them, but it is within your ability to do so."

Seth: "You, as you know yourselves, only accept those suggestions and ideas and concepts and hangups that suit your purposes at this time. You are not, therefore, at the mercy of any neuroses from a past life any more than you are at the mercy of any neuroses from this life. There are no fears from your present life that you cannot escape and conquer. I have not said that you will necessarily escape and conquer them, but it is within your ability to do so. The decision is your own according to your understanding as the individual personality. You cannot be hounded from one level of reality to another by a fear that you do not understand. You cannot be threatened in this life by fears from your early childhood in this life or by so-called past existences unless you believe so thoroughly in the nature of fear that you allow yourselves to be conquered by fear. Each of your personalities are free to develop, to accept, from the miraculous bank of reality those experiences and emotions that you want and to reject those that you do not want."

Esp Class Session, February 9, 1971

Tuesday

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:03 am

Seth: "First of all, a soul is not something that you have. It is what you are. I usually use the term "entity" in preference to the term "soul," simply because those particular misconceptions are not so connected with the word "entity," and its connotations are less religious in an organizational sense.

The trouble is that you frequently consider the soul or entity as a finished, static "thing" that belongs to you but is not you. The soul or entity—in other words, your most intimate powerful inner identity—is and must be forever changing. It is not, therefore, something like a cherished heirloom. It is alive, responsive, curious. It forms the flesh and the world that you know, and it is in a state of becoming."

Session 526, Seth Speaks

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:21 am

All roads do not lead to Rome. They lead to you❗

All roads do not lead to Rome. They lead to you. Each road leads to you and through you. And you travel beyond and through the self that you know, but from the grassy fields of creaturehood that you know.

ESP, June 12, 1973
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:00 am

Two exercises - Natural Hypnosis & Point of Power

although they may seem the same, there are some differences

Natural Hypnosis

Seth: "For five or ten minutes a day at the most, then, use natural hypnosis as a method of accepting desired new beliefs. During that period concentrate your attention as vividly as possible upon one simple statement.

Repeat it over and over while focusing upon it for this time. Try to feel the statement in whatever way is possible — that is, do not allow distractions, but if your mind insists upon running about then channel its images in line with your declaration.

The repetition, verbally or mentally, is important because it activates biological patterns and reflects them. Do not strain. This exercise should not be done along with the point of power exercise given earlier. (See in* 657th session in Chapter Fifteen.) One should not run into the other, but should be carried out on separate occasions during the day.

(11:40.) During the period, however, do remember that you are using the present as a moment of power to insert new beliefs, and that these will indeed be materialized. When the exercise is finished do not dwell upon it. Put it from your mind. You will have utilized natural hypnosis in a concentrated form.

You may have to experiment some for the proper wording of your message, but three days at the very least are necessary before you can tell, through results, how effective it has been. A change of wording may be in order. When you feel right about the statement, then continue it.

Your attention should be completely relaxed otherwise, for time is needed. You may experience spectacular results at once. But continue the exercise even if this happens.

Inner channels must become re-patterned. There will be a feel to this that will serve as your own individual guideline. There is no need to continue the practice over ten minutes. In fact, many will find that difficult to do. Spending a longer period of time simply reinforces the idea of problems involved.

That is the end of the session."

Session 658, The Nature of Personal Reality

© L. Davies Butts

Point of Power
    Seth: "You are not at the mercy of past beliefs, therefore. On the other hand, the sooner you begin to act upon new ones the better. Otherwise you are not trusting them in the present. If you are poor and want to have more money, and try to maintain a belief in abundance — while still faced with the fact of present poverty — you must in your reality make some symbolic move that shows you are willing to accept a change.

As foolish as it may sound, you should give some money away, or in whatever manner that suits you act as if you did have more money than you physically have. You must respond to your new beliefs, so that neurologically the new message gets across.

You perform habitually in certain manners as a result of your beliefs.

Now if you willfully change some of those habits then you are also getting the message across. The initiative must come from you, and in the present. In a very real manner of speaking, this means changing your viewpoint, that particular perspective with which you view your past and present and imagine your future.

You must look within yourself for evidences of what you want in terms of positive experience. Examine your past with that in mind. Imagine your future from the power point of the present. In such a way at least you are not using the past to reinforce your limitations, or projecting them into the future. It is only natural to contrast what you want with what you have, and it is very easy to become discouraged in so doing, but looking for errors in the past will not help you. A correctly utilized five-minute period of time can be of great benefit, however. In this period concentrate upon the fact that the point of power is now. Feel and dwell upon the certainty that your emotional, spiritual and psychic abilities are focused through the flesh, and for five minutes only direct all of your attention toward what you want. Use visualization or verbal thought — whatever comes most naturally to you; but for that period do not concentrate upon any lacks, just upon your desire.

(10:30.) Use all of your energy and attention. Then forget about it.

Do not check to see how well it is working. Simply make sure that in that period your intentions are clear. Then in one way or another, according to your own individual situation, make one physical gesture or act that is in line with your belief or desire. Behave physically, then, at least once a day in a way that shows that you have faith in what you are doing. The act can be a very simple one. If you are lonely and feel unwanted, it can merely involve your smiling at someone else. If you are poor, it can involve such a simple thing as buying an item you want that costs two cents more than the one you would usually buy — acting on the faith, even that feebly, that the two cents will somehow be given you or come into your experience; but acting as if you had more than you do.

In health terms, it involves conducting yourself once a day as though you were not sick in whatever way given you. But the belief in the present, reinforced for five minutes, plus such a physical action, will sometimes bring literally awesome results.

Such effects will occur however only if you cease looking into the past "for what is wrong," and stop reinforcing your negative experience.

These same principles can be used in any area of your life, and in each you are choosing from a variety of probable events."

Session 657, The Nature of Personal Reality

ClearWater likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 2 Img_0210

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am