tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Real Science

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Real Science Empty Real Science

Post  bobhardee Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 am

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Real Science Empty Re: Real Science

Post  bobhardee Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:01 am

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Tue May 03, 2016 7:02 am

5/3/2016
    Ooops
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Thu May 05, 2016 7:15 am

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri May 06, 2016 2:42 am

I was watching this thinking, 'Wow, great stuff!' ...at first.  But, as I continued to watch, I wondered why there was no mention of 'distilled water' -- and just mentioned 'water' in general.  It was almost like the subject was deliberately avoided.  Strange, because I thought distilled water has a negative charge (but close to neutral) and would likely be great to help build up this so-called EZ water.

My thinking is that drinking distilled water(s) is beneficial to our health because of the fact that it is pure water.

I'm also thinking that drinking water -- particularly distilled water (because it is pure it seems to be easiest/most healthful for the body to use) -- is naturally 'organized' inside our bodies by our bodies (hence this so-called EZ phenomena that happens).

In the talk, there was mention of anesthetics and Aspirin... almost like they were okay or even beneficial (particularly Aspirin)... with regard to their interaction with this so-called EZ water (to depress it or excite/grow it).  Yet I've heard both of these things (anesthetics and Aspirin) are far from 'okay' and may in fact be detrimental -- if not deadly -- to our bodies.  I found it curious that nothing negative was mentioned.

As I looked more into Dr. Gerald Pollack and his 'structured water', there seems to be some connection with him and Dr. Mercola.  They appear to be shills for one another:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/01/29/dr-pollack-on-structured-water.aspx

Dr. Mercola has gone on record stating that drinking distilled water causes early death.  If that scares you into buying his 'solution', now, with the help of Dr. Gerald Pollack, we also require EZ (structured water) to maintain our health.  And, again, this is used to attack distilled water -- only this time using a new argument -- saying distilled water is 'unstructured'.  True or not, that would certainly help to sell their solutions/products.

As for Dr. Mercola’s statement, “Early death comes from drinking distilled water… ” Dr Charles Bragg wrote, “The Shocking Truth About Water” and “The Miracle of Fasting,”  …both of which  I read in 1972 at age 25. As a result, I have been fasting every year since and drinking at least a gallon of distilled water daily for over 40 years, and I haven’t died “an early death”. In fact, I have never been sick or ingested one single medicine, not even an aspirin.

I guess that “A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.”  

http://www.distilledwaterauthority.com/early-death-comes-from-drinking-distilled-water/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Douglas_Hoover

In his talk, Dr. Gerald Pollack indicates that urine is positively charged and that's why it's expelled from the body.  I found that curious and not entirely sure what to make of it... except again, it helps to discourage distilled water(s) as a 'good' thing.

People have always been drinking pure water (distilled water) eg. newly precipitated rain water.  It's completely natural and healthy.

Here's something I found.  Someone posed, what I consider to be, a great question regarding Dr. Gerald Pollack:

EZ-Water - Fraud or breakthrough?

Recently the quack medicine folks online have been promoting the research of a certain Dr. Gerald Pollack who claims to have discovered a "forth phase of water", and who has recently published a book on the said topic.

Although it's clear that his research is being deliberately misinterpreted, it's not clear to me whether or not his own claims are valid in the first place. Although some papers on the topic were published in peer reviewed journals, it doesn't seem like anyone else in the scientific community has acknowledged or replicated his results.

So, is "EZ-water" a real breakthrough or just the brainchild of a deluded scientist?

asked Aug 19 '13 at 5:45
    nbubis

There were a couple of, IMO, excellent answers that were shared.

This particular answer caught my eye (I bolded the part that really stood out for me):

According to the website of Dr Pollack himself, the health effect of EZ water is a proposed research project currently applying for funding. He has made no claim of any proven health effect, and he even claimed explicitly that he does not know if EZ water has health benefits. He also explicitly stated that the mechanism of formation of EZ water is still under investigation.

His book is not a scientific work. He presents his proposed yet untested ideas and theories regarding phenomena that may be attributed to EZ water; it however does not claim anything is proven at all. It is a good thing to have ample imagination; however at least at this moment he is somewhat behind the schedule on proving these ideas.

In fact, he is currently carrying out research on many of these subjects. According to what I saw on his website, his research seem to be sound, but at this moment no conclusive results are produced yet about any of his big hypotheses.

Actually it is fairly common to describe a proposed research to have the potential to have a revolutionary impact on the life of every man on earth. Very few write a book like him though.

I would not call him a deluded scientist because he did not really claim anything nonconventional being discovered. However he does put himself in a position where immense commercial profits are generated solely through exploiting and distorting results of his research.

answered Dec 6 '13 at 5:59
    Xiaolei Zhu

http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/5925/ez-water-fraud-or-breakthrough

Overall, I got a lot out of the video, Bob!  It gives a good explanation about how our bodies are, literally, living crystals (because of the structured water inside our bodies and it's not 'just' because we happen to be also partly made up of silicon).  I am also interested in the part about breatharians.

I've been drinking distilled water for quite some time now so you could say I have an interest in the subject of water. Very Happy

This is one of my favourite web sites:

http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 am

Pris,
    Wow. Thank you for your response.
    Water.
    This is a topic that I didn't really give to much thought to (other than the environmental necessary for the planet to have a clean supply) until several years ago when on a medical missionary trip to Honduras. I had followed directions of not drinking any of the local water by consuming soft drinks, beer and bottled water until the last day. We had been in a village that was high in the Honduras mountains. The river supplying the towns water was nasty. The government had installed a sewer system for the town but I questioned how well it worked or how well systems may work who were further upstream from us. What was so amazing was it did NOT seem to impact the local population. They drank it, swam in it, played in it, and etc. Their systems had grown immune to all the bad bugs that existed there.
    It seems to me that we (in the USA) go out of our way to avoid some bad bugs that maybe we shouldn't. I am not going to put down drinking distilled water because it has been recommended by all sorts of really smart people. However, what would happen if you couldn't get it? How long would it take your body to get to the place that it could handle some of the bugs that are in regular water..... or that water that has been treated? The last day I was in Honduras I drank a glass of water from a 4 star hotel restaurant and was really sick for 3 weeks. NOT fun. Ever since, I have tried to drink (from time to time) water that may not be as pure as one gets from bottled water. Am I ready to go back and drink the Honduras water? No. But I am trying to get my system ready so that if supply of water were not available, I would not get so sick as fast as last time.
    Bob H
    Freedom
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri May 06, 2016 3:16 pm

bobhardee wrote:Pris,
    Wow.  Thank you for your response.  
    Water.
    This is a topic that I didn't really give to much thought to (other than the environmental necessary for the planet to have a clean supply) until several years ago when on a medical missionary trip to Honduras.  I had followed directions of not drinking any of the local water by consuming soft drinks, beer  and bottled water until the last day. We had been in a village that was high in the Honduras mountains.  The river supplying  the towns water was nasty.  The government had installed a sewer system for the town but I questioned how well it worked or how well systems may work who were further upstream from us.  What was so amazing was it did NOT seem to impact the local population.  They drank it, swam in it, played in it, and etc.  Their systems had grown immune to all the bad bugs that existed there.
    It seems to me that we (in the USA) go out of our way to avoid some bad bugs that maybe we shouldn't.  I am not going to put down drinking distilled water  because it has been recommended by all sorts of really smart people. However, what would happen if you couldn't get it? How long would it take your body to get to the place that it could handle some of the bugs that are in regular water..... or that water that has been treated?  The last day I was in Honduras I drank a glass of water from a 4 star hotel restaurant and was really sick for 3 weeks.  NOT fun.  Ever since, I have tried to drink (from time to time) water that may not be as pure as one gets from bottled water.  Am I ready to go back and drink the Honduras water? No.  But I am trying to get my system ready so that if supply of water were not available, I would not get so sick as fast as last time.
    Bob H
    Freedom

Hi Bob!  Thank YOU for piquing my interest. Very Happy

You raise a good point.  Remember when we were kids... kids like to play in sand boxes, dig around in the soil... and basically eat the dirt.  It's totally natural, normal.  And, helps to build up the immune system (not to mention provides B vitamins...).  The human body can take care of itself if we let it do its thing in a natural environment.  It can adapt to pretty much anything, make antibodies etc.

Talking about antibodies...

I have a solution for you when it comes to that Honduras water.  Avoid drinking it entirely.  Ever tried Urine Therapy -- in this case, specifically, 'looping'?  

And, if you could not avoid drinking the Honduras water... ever tried Urine Therapy -- in this case, specifically, 'looping'? flower

The idea that 'dirty' water helps build a strong immune system -- no doubt. However, natural 'dirt' in water (including wee beasties) vs man-made chemicals and toxins contaminating water that should never have been there in the first place... I'd say that's a bit different.

We're talking about water in general.  If you are drinking mud water over a long period of time (impure water, water with dissolved inorganic minerals), there's a good chance that, just like the drainage/sewer pipes in your home, they'll start to get deposits and get clogged up.  Arthritis, Alzheimer's etc... build up of deposits in tissues throughout the body/brain.  I'm not even touching on all the wee beasties that can be ingested through water.

Distilled water has no contaminants (including inorganic minerals) and no wee beasties!.  

I don't drink crappy water (eg. treated municipal water, well water and mountain/spring water with high levels of dissolved solids etc.).  I used to drink crappy water.  I used to have more health issues in those days.  Now, I only drink distilled water.  As for my immune system, I have oodles of energy and very rarely get sick (whenever I say 'I don't get sick', BOOM, I'll get something for a couple of days just to smarten me up lol!  Somebody 'out there' has a great sense of humour! cheers).

Last edited by Pris on Fri May 06, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri May 06, 2016 3:29 pm

There!  I think I'm done editing that last comment!  There's always something I want to add. Crazy Happy

Oh... nope, just changed something else.  It says I only edited it once, but it's been more like five or six times. NOW, I think I'm done.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 am

I'd also like to add... I found the part about infrared light and how our bodies 'feed' off it very interesting.

I started a new thread on this subject:

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t8913-do-we-feed-on-infrared-light

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Sat May 07, 2016 3:16 pm

5/7/2016
    Pris
    I knew a guy who did that. He drank his own urine. It was a number of years ago but I think the story was that he and his wife were in India and he got a liver infection. Not the way I would want to cure any infection but he and his wife confirmed that he was a sick puppy until he started his "medicine". You know you would have to think of it that way. That the acid in the urine is going to "cure" you. I would have to be very very sick and really have a strong faith in the doctor before doing that anything like that. YULK.

Along that same line......The History channel ran a program about the Roman Empire and told how that same acid was used to clean clothes. Hard to imagine that there wasn't a lingering odor. It was supposed to be used to clean the white clothes the rich people wore. Maybe it was covered up with perfume of some kind.
    Or...... Maybe its what really lead to the fall of the great empire. Who knows.

:) Bob H.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat May 07, 2016 3:40 pm

bobhardee wrote:5/7/2016
    Pris
    I knew a guy who did that.  He drank his own urine. It was a number of years ago but I think the story was that he and his wife were in India and he got a liver infection.  Not the way I would want to cure any infection but he and his wife confirmed that he was a sick puppy until he started his "medicine". You know you would have to think of it that way. That the acid in the urine is going to "cure" you.  I would have to be very very sick and really have a strong faith in the doctor before doing that anything like that. YULK.

Along that same line......The History channel ran a program about the Roman Empire and told how that same acid was used to clean clothes.  Hard to imagine that there  wasn't  a lingering odor.  It was supposed to be used to clean the white clothes the rich people wore. Maybe it was covered up with perfume of some kind.  
    Or...... Maybe its what really lead to the fall of the great empire.  Who knows.  

:)  Bob H.

Hehehe! sunny  Thanks for your thoughts, Bob!  

There's soooo much info on the benefits of drinking urine.  There's even a couple of books I'd recommend reading if you're interested.

Here's a question for you:  what makes you think the acid in urine is actually 'bad' for you?  
    Here's another question for you:  what makes you think urine is inherently acidic? Very Happy

And, yes, they used to wash clothes with aged urine.  When urine ages, it forms ammonia (I think the urea breaks down into ammonia).

When you mix ammonia with fats/oils (eg. like from people's bodies as residue in dirty clothes), what do you get?  Soap! cheers

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Sat May 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Okay so there are benefits. It is more of the thought of it and if there were no other alternative, maybe yes. .....but that is a very be maybe....and I would really have to be in dire straights. There is an old saying that goes something like: eat poop and bark at the moon. Well I guess if I ever had to drink my own urine, I would do some serious howling at the moon. Crazy Happy
    Just got home from singing with a coral group. Tired now.
    Good night.
    Bob H.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat May 07, 2016 10:38 pm

bobhardee wrote:Okay so there are benefits.  It is more of the thought of it and if there were no other alternative, maybe yes. .....but that is a very be maybe....and I would really have to be in dire straights.  There is an old saying that goes something like: eat poop and bark at the moon.  Well I guess if I ever had to drink my own urine, I would do some serious howling at the moon.   Crazy Happy
    Just got home from singing with a coral group.  Tired now.
    Good night.
    Bob H.

Heheheee!!  Ohh, come now.  It's really not as bad as you think (a lot depends on your diet).  

I've not heard that one before: eat poop and bark at the moon.  I like that!

I don't know much about poop (lol).  Without going into all the juicy details, I do know that some animals, like guinea pigs, actually need to eat it to stay healthy.

You're part of a coral group?  That's great!

Good night, Bob!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 am