tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Best Reads

bobhardee

Re: Best Reads

Post  bobhardee on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:54 am

Feb 17, 2018
    What really happened with the Lincoln assassination?
    Why did it take the entire Army of Northern Virginia nearly two weeks to find John Walks Booth?
    Was the assassination sponsored by the President of the Confederacy?
    Was it simply an attempt to kill the President or an attempt to completely turn over the government. The Vice President, The Secretary of War and General Grant were all to be killed that day.

I don't have a picture to post but this book: The Lincoln Deception by David Stewart is very readable and its his first historic fiction for this writer who previously has written two history books about this era. I rated it a 4 out of 5 but mainly because I love a good conspiracy book.
    Enjoy.

mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Author of the Language Crystal INTERVIEW- Lawrence W. Lyons speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ruo3LDNA4o

Love Always
    mudra
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:01 pm

4/11/2018

James Lee Burke has done it again with the 2014 release of Wayfaring Stranger. A young boys encounter with Bonnie and Clyde will shape his family's fate for decades to come in this trilling adventure. It is 1934 and the Dust Bowl is bearing down when 16 year old Weldon Avery Holland happens upon infamous criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow after one fo their notorious armed robberies. A confrontation with the outlaws ends as Weldon puts a bullet through the rear window of Clydes stolen car.

Ten years later, Second Lt. Weldon Holland and his sergeant, Hershel Pine, escape certain death in the Battle of the Bulge and encounter a beautiful young woman named Rosita Lowenstein hiding in a deserted extermination camp. Eventually, Weldon and Rosita fall in love and marry and with Hershel, return to Texas to seek their fortune.

There they enter the domain of jackals known as the oil business and later the Hollywood film industry. They meet Roy Wiseheart, a former marine aviator haunted by guilt for deserting his squadron leader over the South Pacific, and Roy wife, Clara, a vicious anti-Semite who is determined to make Weldon and Rosita life a nightmare.

This is a page turner that I found hard to put down. It is philosophically sound and heart warming with its battle between good and evil.
    5 of 5 stars.
    Bob H.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:50 am