tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
orthodoxymoron
Aquaries1111
devakas
mudra
seekeroftruth
Sanicle
10 posters

Transmuting Negative Energy

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Transmuting Negative Energy - Page 3 Empty Re: Transmuting Negative Energy

Post  Carol Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm

rthx you are among friends here.. some who are into what you bring forth. Welcome to the Mists. Aloha, Carol

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    rthx
    rthx

Transmuting Negative Energy - Page 3 Empty transmuting energies

Post  rthx Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you! Very much
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:53 am

rthx wrote:Thank you for the reply. Yes, this helps. I was given my past lives through my mother who channels some beings from elsewhere. One of them was a nurse who died of illness. When i went to a person who heals with spirit guides, they also said I was a nurse who died of the black plague and that my current issues are a reminder of what I was suppose to do. So I don't think i got any tricksters here.
    I'm glad I was able to be of help on your fascinating journey rthx. You'll have to let us know how it all goes for you as I'm sure many would here would love to hear about it. I love you 
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 pm

negative energy is violence I think
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:31 am

Transmuting Negative Energy - Page 3 Love%20article%20SE%20web%23105B8CD

Love is the Connection that Makes a Future Possible
    by Dr. Susan Murphy Roshi & John Stanley

Facing a bleak landscape of environmental destruction, the protagonist of Dr. Seuss’s book The Lorax offers a profound truth: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”

Thich Nhat Hanh offers a different take on this same idea in his online article “Beyond Environment: Falling Back in Love with Mother Earth”:

When we recognize the virtues, the talent, the beauty of Mother Earth, something is born in us, some kind of connection—love is born. We want to be connected. That is the meaning of love, to be at one…. You would do anything for the benefit of the Earth, and the Earth will do anything for your well-being.

In other words, love is connectedness itself—connection with each other and connection to the Earth. Perhaps the true depth of affinity with the Earth goes even deeper than an idea or feeling of connection, instead resembling the fully embodied state an ancient Zen Master pointed to when asked a pointed question about love: “I have already become like this,” was his provocative reply. “Like this”—meaning fully congruent with stars, earthworms, and everything in between, with no separation, no picking or choosing, and no possible hesitation in defending it from harm.

In his remarkable work on the evolution of the positive emotions, George Vaillant points out that the ancient Greek philosophers left out a vital element of human love. They distinguished only between universal unselfish love (agape) and instinctual sexual desire (eros). The former is not selective; the latter is not enduring.

We humans, however, are mammals whose primary positive emotion is a selective, enduring and unselfish love of our young. It resonates in the paleo-mammalian limbic core of our brain. Since mothers have experienced this for millennia, and babies have depended upon it, their relationship is the perennial symbol of passionate, unselfish human love, appearing in every culture on Earth. This is the form of love that most fiercely sustains life and guards survival at the most fundamental level. Maturity, as well as certain contemplative practices, can allow us to generalize from that basis—widening our circle of love to people or beings different from ourselves, and radiating out to embrace the Earth herself.

The psychophysiology of the positive emotions as a whole is now the subject of intensive research. Barbara Fredrickson has identified the emotions that broaden and build character, creating resourcefulness, resilience, and the capacity to thrive even in hard times. They are joy, gratitude, serenity, interest, hope, pride, amusement, inspiration, awe, and love. The great majority of people in consumer culture experience far too little of these subtle emotions, though anyone can now train themselves how to recognize and cultivate them—especially if we lift our eyes to acknowledge the magnificence of a jewel of a planet such as this. Unlike the strong and long-lived negative emotions of fear and anger, they are short-lived but renewable. Fredrickson considers love the supreme positive emotion, because it contains elements of all the others, and is the one we experience most frequently. Wherever there is genuine connection, there is also the fingerprint of love.

read on:  Arrow http://spiritualecology.org/article/love-connection-makes-future-possible

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm

How to Respond to Negative People Without Being Negative -

“Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

A woman with whom I once worked seemed to talk non-stop and loudly, interrupt incessantly, gossip about whomever wasn’t in the room, constantly complain, and live quite happily in martyrdom.
    It seemed nothing and no one escaped her negative spin. She was good at it. She could twist the happiest moment of someone’s life into a horrendous mistake. She seemed to enjoy it too.

At first, my judgmental mind thought her behavior to be quite inappropriate. I simply didn’t approve of it. But after weeks of working with her, the thought of spending even one more moment in her presence sent me into, well, her world.

Her negativity was infectious. More and more, I found myself thinking about her negativity, talking with others about her negativity, and complaining about her constant negativity.
    For a while, though, I listened to her whenever she followed me into the lunchroom or the ladies’ room. I didn’t know what to say, or do, or even think. I was held captive.

I’d excuse myself from the one-sided chit-chat as soon as possible, wanting to someday be honest enough to kindly tell her that I choose not to listen to gossip. Instead, I chose avoidance. I avoided eye contact, and any and all contact. Whenever I saw her coming, I’d get going and make for a quick getaway. I worked hard at it, too.

And it was exhausting because whether I listened to her or not, or even managed to momentarily escape her altogether, I was still held captive by her negativity.

I interacted with her only a handful of times a month, but her negative presence lingered on in my life. And I didn’t like it. But what I didn’t like didn’t really matter—I wanted to look inside myself to come up with a way to escape, not just avoid, a way to just let go of the hold this negativity had on me.

And when I did look within, I saw that I was the one exaggerating the negative. I chose to keep negativity within me even when she wasn’t around. This negativity was mine. So, as with most unpleasant things in life, I decided to own up and step up, to take responsibility for my own negativity. Instead of blaming, avoiding, and resisting the truth, I would accept it. And, somehow, I would ease up on exaggerating the negative.

I welcomed the situation as it was, opening up to the possibilities for change within me and around her.
    I knew all about the current emotional fitness trends telling us to surround ourselves with only happy, positive people and to avoid negative people—the us versus them strategy for better emotional health. I saw this as disconnecting, though. We all have times when we accentuate the positive and moments when we exaggerate the negative. We are all connected in this.

See more at: http://theunboundedspirit.com/how-to-respond-to-negative-people-without-being-negative/#sthash.YCINkR94.dpuf

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 am

Thanks for keeping this thread going Mudra and, as usual, your posts are excellent.  I love you 

I would, however, like to share some things I’ve learned about anger and its expression……..that ‘dreaded energy’ that we are so often taught is wholly negative.  I no longer agree and would like to explain why.  I also believe a fuller understanding of an energy helps us to transmute it into something more constructive, remembering that transmutation does not mean repressing or ridding ourselves of energies that are part of who we are in this world, like it or not.

As we all know anger can (and usually is) generated in us by something as simple as the negative co-worker as described in the above post right through to those in power who torture humanity and all elements of the environment without compunction.  I agree with what is said in the above post as to how to deal with that negative co-worker (or any annoying relationship we experience) but that generally won’t work at the broader level where we don’t have a personal relationship with a high level perpetrator and/or when dealing with psychopaths.  A psychopath would see the compassionate response as an invitation to keep using and abusing you, while laughing at you behind your back.  And yet we are usually taught that even when this is the case, anger is not a proper or ‘spiritual’ response, including from the perspective that it is not beneficial to our own evolvement.

The first thing I wish to pass on that I’ve been shown is that violent aggression is NOT an innate part of our human Soul, Spirit or consciousness.  It is in us as it is part and parcel of the essentially animal body our consciousness enters into when incarnating here in this reality, courtesy of, among other things, the adrenaline response as per fight or flight.  But even that ‘triggered’ glandular response to threat is not the whole story.  I’ve been informed by two different sources now that when the fight response is chosen, we actually draw particular elemental energies to us that enter into us to become aggressive power that we can utilize, IF we don’t know better and respond on an instinctive animal level.  “Filled with rage” takes on a whole new meaning when seen this way.

So what that means is that you can choose NOT to welcome these fire-y little elementals into your being to enhance your fight response into full on aggression, possibly to the point of blind rage.  Similarly if you feel them being projected at you by another, you can choose to not allow them into your aura as aggression operating at the will of the other in one of two ways.  You can keep them at bay by the use of your own willpower to deny them entry into your aura or use prayer to ask those at higher levels to make peace with them.  You can thus face the other’s anger with a calm and clear mind and emotions.

The next thing I want to pass on is to do with that word ‘Willpower’ used above.  Yes, we do have fire energy as part of our makeup and the anger response is tied up with it.  It’s this…….our Creative Will……that is meant to come to the fore when we feel that adrenalized trigger engaged.  Our body IS telling us there is a threatening imbalance in our environment that needs to be corrected if we are to regain the peaceful, balanced state we are happiest in (most of us anyway, although some seem to be addicted to these little fire-y elementals).  Of course one can assess that threat at either a selfish egotistical level (“I’m not getting what I want”)or look at it from a broader perspective (“Is this threat going to cause a lot of suffering generally?”).  Obviously either state has different requirements as regards the proper action to be taken once recognized.

But, beyond knowing about the elemental ‘additive’ to our resources, and this is what’s important, anger at a perceived threat is one of the greatest motivators towards changing what can be seen as a negative situation and is thus aligned to the use of the creative will.  Along with that other aligned Mars energy, desire, anger is often the spur that is needed to push us into trying to create a better future, as one can just cruise along happily forever if we don’t get ‘angry’ at some perceived injustice in our lives, such as an imposition or a lack.  As E said recently, “Anger is the base energy of the creative will” and thus should not ever be seen as a negative.

We have our lower chakras for a reason and need to use all the energies we came here to experience and wield in the most positive and constructive way possible for ourselves and all in this drama with us.  Learning to respond appropriately when we feel anger is one of the challenges we came here to meet in our quest to become proficient co-creators.

One further point I want to make is how the expression of anger is related to feelings of guilt and fear and is, as such, a very powerful weapon to wield.  I believe guilt and fear are the greatest cripplers of our full creative expression and much, much worse than the expression of justified anger in defense of ourselves or others.  (Although I guess they have a purpose as well if not held on to and appropriate actions are taken to correct the situation that brought them about.)

The thing is I think it’s possible that the PTW know the true power of anger (as per being the basis of the creative will for change) and, as such, condition us all, through religion among other things, to believe that it is a ‘wrong’ or ‘unspiritual’ feeling we, the commoners, should repress.  While they threaten others at will of course and thus knowingly create the future world we live in on their own terms, ably assisted by their armies who are paid to be aggressive.

On the other hand, for us personally, we need to remember that being on the receiving end of expressed aggressive anger is one of the surest ways to create feelings of guilt and/or fear in the one/s it is projected at and is, therefore, an energy we should use wisely as well.  Anger expressed at a true injustice is (I believe) our God-given right and responsibility……a constructive use of this energy for positive change in our world if appropriated correctly but, on the other hand, creating feelings of guilt or fear in another purely to serve our own ego is a situation that should be avoided whenever possible.

So remember next time the adrenalin kicks in that it’s just your body’s way of telling you to make a clear-minded choice and that anger can be a constructive response to a situation if you or another is being unjustly harmed.  It can be utilized to take appropriate action if it is under the control of your willpower purely to redress a harmful imbalance.  There IS such a thing as a Sacred Warrior.  So DO NOT automatically feel guilty if you feel angry and accept that it should always be repressed.   sunny

Last edited by Sanicle on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Great post Sanicle  cheers 

Frankly I see us as demonstrators all kinds of emotions on a scale that fit different situations.
    Problems arise when we as conscious beings forget about our natural state that is a free flowing one . When we get stuck on one echelon of the scale be it grief, apathy , anger or even a positive one like serenity... and are unable to untangle ourselves from it we loose our ability to move freely , we reduce our awareness that should be sort of 360 degrees to one point that pins us down.
    In other words we are able to express a full array of emotions pertinent to given situations and really flow with life while remaining in the Now .

Love from me
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 am

mudra wrote:

Frankly I see us as demonstrators all kinds of emotions on a scale that fit different situations.
    Problems arise when we as conscious beings  forget about our natural state that  is a free flowing one . When we get stuck on one echelon of the scale be it grief, apathy , anger or even a positive one like serenity... and are unable to untangle ourselves from it we loose our ability to move freely , we reduce our awareness that should be sort of 360 degrees to one point that pins us down.
    In other words we are able to express a full array of emotions pertinent to given situations and really flow with life while remaining in the Now .

Yes Yes Yes!  You my friend Mudra are truly a ............
    Transmuting Negative Energy - Page 3 Beautiful-soul-chelsylotze-international-studio_zps1e6cdba6
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 am

Gosh I love coming here to read and think and meditate. For me it reinforces the daily work required to be at peace. Which ain't always easy.
     Flowers Flowers 
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:51 am

And you are a dear, dear Soul Bob Hardee. I, for one, am sooooo glad you joined us here at the Mists.  Hugs 

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm