tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Fri May 02, 2014 6:11 pm

The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that its center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.”― Black Elk, Oglala Sioux

Love always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Sun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10314594_783236578383380_6363755569536718609_n

I first thought of the spiritual journey as a linear path towards a distant goal. Gradually, I came to realize that the spiritual journey is a closed circle of love in which we slowly come closer to the center of our self, which is always present. In this journey there is no "progress" but a shifting of consciousness that unveils our own essential nature, "the face we had before we were born." As this spiral path unfolds, so our concepts of both our self and the journey change, and we come to realize the deeper truth: that the traveler, the journey, and the goal are all one.

~ Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee ~

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 1557577_310716819079533_7520271017378102091_n

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 am

mudra wrote:The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that its center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.”― Black Elk, Oglala Sioux

Love always
    mudra

How beautiful this is, what you share with us here, in such consistency too, dear mudra.
    It rings so very true to me. Thank you  Flowers 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 pm

B.B.Baghor wrote:

How beautiful this is, what you share with us here, in such consistency too, dear mudra.
    It rings so very true to me. Thank you  Flowers 

You are welcome BB  Cheerful 
    It warms my heart this thread is a source of inspiration to you.
    So it is for me.
    I like to go back here now and then and read things again.
    They are always new to me.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 16, 2014 10:45 am

As Soul, each of us make the choice to incarnate on Earth, knowing that there is a great chance that we will forget who and what we are. We then live our lives, gathering the knowledge and experience that we need, but suffering greatly in ways that are not necessary. The human experience seems to dictate the path we must take to accumulate the knowledge we seek. But if we decide to take the power back, to remove the illusion that we are not Soul, that we do not have control over our life experience, we begin to make choices and walk paths that support our Soul-goals but eliminate the suffering.

Soul views all things from a different, larger point of view. From outside the human experience we can perceive and understand the reasons, observe the causes and the effects, and thus make sense of the experience. Our emotional response to life is, to a great extent, the barometer that dictates our next experience. When we understand how to interpret life through the eyes and understanding of Soul, we gain the objectivity that is necessary in order to emotionally react to situations in a way that causes us to learn the first time, rather than to re-create another experience, with another “face,” in order to “get it.”

Lauren Zimmerman

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 pm

“We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn.”

~Henry David Thoreau

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 20, 2014 6:59 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_m8hrbqK1lA1r3k772o1_500

Focus on the small wonders... it brings perspective.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10407059_516709451767381_4988470324284681650_n

“People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think this is what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.”

—Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 21, 2014 4:37 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_m1esx2ZmV01qefh0ao1_400

Each one of us has a dark side and a side full of light… Through words and actions you decide the correct balance.

~Charlotte

Love Always
    mudra
    RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Wed May 21, 2014 5:01 pm

So many captivating images and words of wisdom posted here and poured out like love to our souls

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Beautiful-night-forest-wallpaper

Whispers in the wind
    rustling of leaves
    breath on a branch
    bird unfolds the wings
    lifts into the night
    like a sigh of Spirit
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 23, 2014 4:31 pm

RedEzra wrote:
    So many captivating images and words of wisdom posted here and poured out like love to our souls

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Beautiful-night-forest-wallpaper

Whispers in the wind
    rustling of leaves
    breath on a branch
    bird unfolds the wings
    lifts into the night
    like a sigh of Spirit

How beautifull.
    Thank You redEZRA

Flowers 

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 29, 2014 3:43 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10338334_305861802905556_7061499988474230649_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 29, 2014 2:50 pm

The Hawaiian Huna Philosophy

A long time ago, Hawaii was a mystical and magical place. There were shamans called kahunas. These individuals experienced ultimate reality, in which they realized several critical aspects of reality that were later taught to others. In the early 20th century, with the rise of New Thought, there was an individual by the name of Max Long who linked the ancient kahunas to abstract and mystical metaphysics he was contemplating upon. This individual believed the key to Huna is the concept of the ‘ Three Selves’, meaning the unconscious, conscious, and superconscious, which he called the unihipili, the uhane and the aumakua. Also, the word Huna is a Hawaiian word meaning “secret,” but it also refers to the esoteric wisdom of Polynesia. Below you will see some of this esoteric wisdom that has survived the ages.

The seven huna principles are as follows:

IKE — the world is what you think it is
    KALA — there are no limits
    MAKIA — energy flows where attention goes
    MANA WA — now is the moment of power
    ALOHA — to love is to be happy with
    MANA — all power comes from within
    PONO — effectiveness is the measure of truth

I’d like to go a little deeper into each of these in order to exemplify how powerful these realizations are in the ability to influence consciousness, in all its forms, in a positive way.

IKE — the world is what you think it is

This principle is essentially saying that our consciousness creates our reality. Our perception of reality is subjective and does not necessarily reflect the true objective reality, if such a reality should even exist. If someone thinks the world is full of deception, evil, and hatred, they will only focus their awareness on such matters and become completely blind to anything otherwise that would contradict this perception. Each one of us has the inherent power to transform our reality in any way we see fit. This power has the ability to transform not only one’s self, but all those around them.

KALA — there are no limits

In an infinite reality, there is no beginning or end of anything, which signifies the limitless nature of all that is. Anything is possible and self-growth is likewise infinite. There is always a process of be-ing and become-ing. With no limits, anything that is infinitely possible, can happen, is happening, and will happen, in its infinite forms. This is a concept that is simply too magnificent to be able to comprehend by a human brain.

MAKIA — energy flows where attention goes

Where someone focuses their attention, that is where an directed energy stream will go. This is how the healing method of reiki works and how the method of prayer works as well. When someone directs their thoughts towards a particular form of sentient energy, such as a loved one, this additional energy will be either in a positive form or a negative form. Depending whether the thought-forms are malevolent or benevolent, the end-result will be mimicked. Sending positive energy and healing hope will have a beneficial effect. If the contrary is occurring, the opposite will result. This can be magnified to show its effects on global consciousness. If positive thoughts are sent into the global consciousness, then there will be less animosity, hatred, anger, and other malevolent emotions. This was demonstrated to be a reality in the 1987 Harmonic Convergence.

- See more at: http://theunboundedspirit.com/the-hawaiian-huna-philosophy/#sthash.BDfd5Ejp.dpuf

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:47 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 Solitude-des-etoiles-GLNF-Myosotis-Lutece

"Try to acquire the weird practice of savoring your mistakes, delighting in uncovering the strange quirks that led you astray. Then, once you have sucked out all the goodness to be gained from having made them, you can cheerfully set them behind you, and go on to the next big opportunity." – Daniel Dennett

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Palestinian woman collects gas bombs fired by Israeli army. She grows flowers in these bombs

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10484162_528438717261121_7174595388447432094_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10392510

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:07 pm

9 Mind-Bending Epiphanies That Turned My World Upside-Down

Over the years I’ve learned dozens of little tricks and insights for making life more fulfilling. They’ve added up to a significant improvement in the ease and quality of my day-to-day life. But the major breakthroughs have come from a handful of insights that completely rocked my world and redefined reality forever.

The world now seems to be a completely different one than the one I lived in about ten years ago, when I started looking into the mechanics of quality of life. It wasn’t the world (and its people) that changed really, it was how I thought of it.

Maybe you’ve had some of the same insights. Or maybe you’re about to.

1. You are not your mind.

The first time I heard somebody say that — in the opening chapter of The Power of Now — I didn’t like the sound of it one bit. What else could I be? I had taken for granted that the mental chatter in my head was the central “me” that all the experiences in my life were happening to.

I see quite clearly now that life is nothing but passing experiences, and my thoughts are just one more category of things I experience. Thoughts are no more fundamental than smells, sights and sounds. Like any experience, they arise in my awareness, they have a certain texture, and then they give way to something else.

If you can observe your thoughts just like you can observe other objects, who’s doing the observing? Don’t answer too quickly. This question, and its unspeakable answer, are at the center of all the great religions and spiritual traditions.

2. Life unfolds only in moments.

Of course! I once called this the most important thing I ever learned. Nobody has ever experienced anything that wasn’t part of a single moment unfolding. That means life’s only challenge is dealing with the single moment you are having right now. Before I recognized this, I was constantly trying to solve my entire life — battling problems that weren’t actually happening. Anyone can summon the resolve to deal with a single, present moment, as long as they are truly aware that it’s their only point of contact with life, and therefore there is nothing else one can do that can possibly be useful. Nobody can deal with the past or future, because, both only exist as thoughts, in the present. But we can kill ourselves trying.

3. Quality of life is determined by how you deal with your moments, not which moments happen and which don’t.

I now consider this truth to be Happiness 101, but it’s amazing how tempting it still is to grasp at control of every circumstance to try to make sure I get exactly what I want. To encounter an undesirable situation and work with it willingly is the mark of a wise and happy person. Imagine getting a flat tire, falling ill at a bad time, or knocking something over and breaking it — and suffering nothing from it. There is nothing to fear if you agree with yourself to deal willingly with adversity whenever it does show up. That is how to make life better. The typical, low-leverage method is to hope that you eventually accumulate power over your circumstances so that you can get what you want more often. There’s an excellent line in a Modest Mouse song, celebrating this side-effect of wisdom: As life gets longer, awful feels softer.

4. Most of life is imaginary.

Human beings have a habit of compulsive thinking that is so pervasive that we lose sight of the fact that we are nearly always thinking. Most of what we interact with is not the world itself, but our beliefs about it, our expectations of it, and our personal interests in it. We have a very difficult time observing something without confusing it with the thoughts we have about it, and so the bulk of what we experience in life is imaginary things. As Mark Twain said: “I’ve been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.” The best treatment I’ve found? Cultivating mindfulness.

5. Human beings have evolved to suffer, and we are better at suffering than anything else.

Yikes. It doesn’t sound like a very liberating discovery. I used to believe that if I was suffering it meant that there was something wrong with me — that I was doing life “wrong.” Suffering is completely human and completely normal, and there is a very good reason for its existence. Life’s persistent background hum of “this isn’t quite okay, I need to improve this,” coupled with occasional intense flashes of horror and adrenaline are what kept human beings alive for millions of years. This urge to change or escape the present moment drives nearly all of our behavior. It’s a simple and ruthless survival mechanism which works exceedingly well for keeping us alive, but it has a horrific side effect: human beings suffer greatly by their very nature. This, for me, redefined every one of life’s problems as some tendril of the human condition. As grim as it sounds, this insight is liberating because it means: 1) that suffering does not necessarily mean my life is going wrong, 2) that the ball is always in my court, so the degree to which I suffer is ultimately up to me, and 3) that all problems have the same cause and the same solution.

- See more at: http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/9-mind-bending-epiphanies-that-turned-my-world-upside-down/#sthash.3ZwBeNGQ.dpuf

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Author Dan Thomas - The Grand Journey - A Revolution of Humanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-KqIlNXGRw

Thubs Up 

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10462666_10152540731038685_4811013042949023029_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Enlightened living: truth whose time has come - Simran Singh, Miami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFl3VdHxPc

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:53 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10329111
    Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 pm

The Three Sources Of Truth (with Jacques Mabit)

Twenty two years ago, Dr. Jacques Mabit, a clinically trained physician from France opened up Takiwasi, a remote healing facility that specializes in treating drug addicts via natural medicines from the Amazon Rain Forest. Employing a variety of shamans from the surrounding region, the hybrid healing center has made quite a name for itself. Takiwasi boasts a 70% success rate in fully rehabilitating cocaine and heroin addicts who are willing to undergo the full 3 month treatment period.

But the healing protocol is no walk in the park. Jacques believes that in order to effectively recover from drug addiction one needs “to find clear answers in their existential searches for identity,” and that those answers will lead to abandoning the use of these harmful substances. The standard treatment at Takiwasi includes isolation in the jungle, extensive work with the master plants (including ayahuasca), a very rigid diet, and zero access to external stimuli such as phones, computers, books, etc. Sound familiar? We used a very similar approach in the Sacred Science documentary!

In the video below, Jacques gives us some sage wisdom on how to avoid serious pitfalls and stay the course while on the shamanic path. You will see that the clear answers Jacques mentions above usually come in the form of a revelation – and that there are three sources of truth that can be turned to for guidance.

Arrow http://www.thesacredscience.com/blog1/the-three-sources-of-truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjRe5NzeyjE#t=375

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:41 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 39 10376846_10152328337123800_188765292757854736_n

"The soul is all things together...And since it is the center of all things, it has the force of all. Hence it passes into all things. And since it is the true connection of all things, it goes to the one without leaving the others...therefore it may rightly be called the center of nature, the middle term of all things, the face of all, the bond and juncture of the universe."

-Marsilio Ficino 1443- 1499

Marsilio Ficino was one of the most influential humanist philosophers of the early Italian Renaissance, an astrologer, a reviver of Neoplatonism who was in touch with every major academic thinker and writer of his day, and the first translator of Plato's complete extant works into Latin.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:49 pm

Extract from the book : Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist sects
    by Alexandra David-Néel and Lama Yongden (1967).

The hesitation of the Buddha, before beginning His Mission:

“I have discovered a profound truth, difficult to perceive, difficult to understand, accessible only to
    the wise.
    “Human beings busy themselves in the vortex of the world and find their pleasure. It will be difficult
    for men to understand the law of the concatenation of causes and effects, the suppression of the
    samskaras (ideas that one forms which depend upon ignorance).

“Of what use to reveal to men that which I have discovered at the price of laborious efforts? Why
    should I do so? – This doctrine cannot be understood by those filled by desire and hatred .. it is
    mysterious, deep; hidden from the vulgar mind. If I proclaim it and men are unable to understand it, the
    only result will be fatigue and annoyance for me.”

Brahma Sahampati exhorts the Buddha to conquer His hesitation:

“May the Venerable One preach the Doctrine! There are beings whose spiritual eyes are hardly
    darkened by light dust, these will understand the Doctrine. In the land of Magadha a false doctrine has
    prevailed up to the present, elaborated by men whose minds were contaminated (by ignorance). Now open
    to them the gate of Immortality (literally, of the deathless).
    “Arise, O Victorious One ! Travel through-out the world, O Chief of Pilgrims (beings who wander in
    the round of successive births and deaths). There are some who will understand Thee.”

The Buddha insisted strongly on the necessity of examining the propositions put forward by Him, and
    of understanding them personally before accepting them as true. The ancient texts leave no doubt on this
    point:

“Do not believe on the strength of traditions even if they have been held in honour for many
    generations and in many places; do not believe anything because many people speak of it; do not believe
    on the strength of sages of old times; do not believe that which you have yourselves imagined, thinking
    that a god has inspired you. Believe nothing which depends only on the authority of your masters or of
    priests. After investigation, believe that which you have yourselves tested and found reasonable, and
    which is for your good and that of others.”

“Doubt is an incitement to research, and research is the path to true knowledge.”

Why are these teachings secret? Does that mean I can’t write and tell about them? No, Alexandra,
    these teachings are not called ‘secret’ because it is forbidden to talk about them. They are ‘secret’ because
    so few who hear them understand.”

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am