tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 pm

The importance of nothing

“Come in,” I said. “I just made tea.”

“Thank you,” he said, “That sounds nice.”

He followed me through the house and into the breakfast nook. He sat down at the little table while I got cups and saucers from the cabinets.

“What brings you this far from home?” I asked him.

“I am not really sure,” he said. “I just started walking this morning. I was thinking mostly. I didn’t realize just how long I had been out. The next thing I knew I was looking at your front door. I must have walked several miles today.”

I poured tea for both of us and then sat down to join him.

“What were you thinking about?” I asked.

“Nothing really. Or maybe everything.” He paused. His brow furrowed as if he was in very deep thought. “You know,” he continued, “I am a very happy man. I have everything that I have ever wanted. I am happy with my job, my family is happy and healthy, we never truly want for anything. But…” he paused again, “…I feel like there is something missing.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“I’m not really sure. I just feel an emptiness.”

“Spiritually, emotionally or intellectually?”

“I’m not sure, all three maybe.” He paused again, staring intently at his tea cup. “This tea is very good. What is it?”

“It is a blend that I make myself. It is Green Tea with a few herbs that help to relax the body and mind.”

He smiled, “I could sure use that.”

“You know,” I said, “emptiness isn’t always a bad thing. Many people actually strive to find it as apposed to filling it up.”

“But that is a different kind of emptiness,” he said.

“Is it?” I asked. “Have you ever looked close at a wagon wheel?”

He looked a bit confused at this change of subject. “I suppose,” he said.

“There are as many as thirty spokes on that wheel,” I said. “Each of those spokes connects the rim to the hub. But what is it about that wheel that makes it useful?”

“I don’t know, the shape?”

“No,” I smiled, “it is a wheel, so it is already round.” I pointed to the tea pot sitting on the table. “See this tea pot? I made it myself. I actually formed the clay with my hands, fired it and glazed it. I painted all of the intricate designs by hand. I am very proud of it. But, what is it about this tea pot that makes it useful?”

“It holds tea?”

“You are getting closer,” I said with a smile. I pointed to the back door of the house. “Tell me, what do you think is the most important part of that door?”

“I suppose the knob,” he said. “You couldn’t open it without it.”

“The knob is beneficial, yes. Just as the spout and handle are beneficial to the tea pot or the spokes and hub are beneficial to the wheel. But all of these things have one thing in common. They have emptiness.”

I let him think on that for a few seconds before I continued.

“The wheel has a hole in the middle for the axle to go through. That emptiness, that nothing is what makes the wheel useful. The tea pot has an empty space inside that can be used to hold water. The door has an opening that is empty.

“If these items did not have that emptiness, that nothingness then there would be no room to put anything else and they would be useless.

“That is true in everything. If your spiritual, emotional and intellectual spaces are filled then there is no room for more and they become useless. Therefore the wise man will strive for emptiness so that he is always ready to learn more.”

He stared at me for a few seconds. “Why is it that you always talk in riddles, old man?”

“I never talk in riddles,” I smiled at him. “But I have noticed that you tend to listen in them.”

We finished our tea and I walked him to the door. He would be back, as he always is.

http://conversationsofthetao.blogspo...mportance.html

Love always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 pm

"Most are seeking more information, hence, the popularity of “the information superhighway”, however, I want LESS information. I want to unplug; I want less on my mind. I want to “tune in, turn on, and drop-out”…. tune into the frequency of my Divinity, turn on to who I really am: an innocent who has no knowledge of the world, and drop-out of the meaningless barrage of programs, information, beliefs, knowledge, news, data, and memories which only prevent a clear, still, non-judgemental, thought-free, neutral mind. “Zero” – “here and now” – is the only state in which we can receive Divine inspiration."

The autority hoax- recalling our power
    Mary Croft

Read article here :
    http://mistsofavalon.invisionplus.net/?mfo...ch&CODE=lastten

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 pm

The Mind and the Nature of Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQm6nXcARs

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 800px-Wood_Bodhisattva

The Bodhisattva is a being composed of two forces apparently contradictory, wisdom and compassion.
    In his wisdom he doesn't see any persons
    In his compassion, he is dedicated to save them before him

Master Taisen Deshimaru

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Teach_me_Tiger_by_s9

"Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world."

"Whatever you think people are withholding from you--praise, appreciation, assistance, loving care, and so on--give it to them."

"You cannot receive what you don't give. Outflow determines inflow."

Eckhart Tolle

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Namoamitabha

Every year on the 1st of January I cast the I Ching. I do this in order to know what lesson I 'll have to learn along that year for me to grow as a Spiritual being.

A few years ago, I don't remember the hexagram which came forward but I remember very well the lesson I learned from it.

Something very challenging happened in my life during that year for which I would only know the outcome a couple of month later. This was a very highly stressing situation .

This life on Earth is my last one as I know I'll not return here later.
    I make it therefore a point of honor to fullfil my cycles to the best of my abilities so that when the time comes I can leave the body with a light heart and clear thoughts.
    In other words I really want to be done with my karma.

Somehow living every moment as if it was the last one, is a great teacher too.

The current situation I was in was a real burden .
    However it suddenly downed on me to adopt an attitude of least resistance towards the matter and accept it as it was.

That allowed me to let go of all fears and in the end what could have been a gruesome outcome resolved beautifully .

That year through the light of the I Ching , I discovered Karma resolves by embracing it in a positive way. By letting it be just as it comes.

Karma goes on endlessly when you resist it or try to escape from it.It actually keeps coming back to you until you greet it in acceptance and let go of it.

There is'nt really a necessity to analyse and understand the specific reasons for something " bad " or " good "coming your way. Although this might be usefull too.

Just accepting with no judgement and take 100% responsability for whatever comes to you short circuits it, and is sufficient to allow it to untangle naturally.

I found that lesson beautifull and ever since I have applied myself to lead my daily life on these premises.

Life is much easier when one accepts who one is and where one is at any given moment.

Whatever comes in your life hold it in your heart and take it as a blessing.

This allows you to be free of the mind control power and to live in the " NOW ".
    By living in the Now you learn to live from your heart and from your soul.
    You appreciate every moment of your life.

Living from the heart and from the soul is the greatest purpose of existence.

Love is your essence.

This relates to the art of Aikido.
    See below:

Art of Peace # 50

The Art of Peace is the principle of nonresistance. Because it is nonresistant, it is victorious from the beginning. Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing.

Art of Peace # 51

There are no contests in the Art of Peace. A true warrior is invincible because he or she contests with nothing. Defeat means to defeat the mind of contention that we harbor within.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm

The people you meet affect your life. The successes and downfalls that you experience can create whom you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them because they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but also because they are teaching you to love and open your heart and eyes to little things. Make every day count. Appreciate everything that you possibly can, for you may never experience it again.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."

- Marcel Proust

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm

SOME WORDS ABOUT TRUTH...

"Truth is what the voice within tells you.
    Truth is the right designation of God.
    Truth and nonviolence will never be destroyed.
    Truth is like a vast tree which yields more and more fruit the more you nurture it.
    Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time.
    Truth and untruth often co-exist; good and evil often are found together.
    Truth is self-evident, nonviolence is its maturest fruit,
    it is contained in Truth, but is not self-evident.
    Every truth is self-acting and possesses inherent strength.
    Truth, which is permanent, eludes the historian of events.
    Truth transcends history.
    Truth and nonviolence demand that no human being may debar himself from
    serving any other human being, no matter how sinful he may be.
    Truth is the first to be sought for, and Beauty and Goodness will then be added unto you.
    An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation,
    nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
    Truth without humility would be an arrogant caricature.
    The quest of truth involves self-suffering, sometimes even up to death.
    Use truth as your anvil, nonviolence as your hammer
    and anything that does not stand the test when it is brought to the anvil of truth
    and hammered with nonviolence, reject it."

-Gandhi

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 20081206093705

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 20081206094239

Quān Yīn posing as Lord Shiva
    Dancing in Urdhvajanu position
    Hand Gesture in Akash Mudra (nourishment)

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:12 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Remember_the_entrance_door_to_the_sanctuary_is_sticker-p217219444991017092qjcl_400

What is the " new age " anyway? When is it?

When the light of abundance replaces the shadow of lack.
    When the song of the universe sounds within you.
    When the wonder of life replaces preoccupation with problems.
    When hierarchies recognize that true power rests within each person.
    When you are no longer ashamed of who you are.
    When self-worth replaces the need to please others.
    When you really believe you deserve the best.
    When adversity becomes your stimulant for growth.
    When you lovingly accept yourself as you are now, though you may choose to
    change some of your attitudes.
    When the acceptance of others, exactly as they are, becomes natural.
    When it becomes unnecessary to judge or blame anyone.
    When self-righteousness disappears from your presence.
    When the past and the future no longer rule your life.
    When honesty takes the place of manipulation.
    When your feelings serve you rather than haunt you.
    When you let go of your need to win.
    When hypocrisy no longer suits you.
    When it is easy to focus on the good in yourself and in others.
    When your desire to be happy supersedes your need to be right.
    When you decide to seek wisdom from all sources.
    When serenity becomes your normal way of living.
    When peace replaces aggression in your heart.
    When you finally realize that you are a vital part of all that is.
    When you allow the true inner voice to influence your decisions.
    When you wake up embracing the new day.
    When all life matters to you.
    When you choose to begin it.

Jack Clarke

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:13 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Innerpeace_title

Symptoms of Inner Peace

Saskia Davis

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experience
    An unmistakable ability to enjoy the moment
    A loss of interest in judging other people
    A loss of interest in judging self
    A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
    An inability to worry (this is a very serious symptom!)
    Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
    Frequent acts of smiling
    An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen
    An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

http://symptomsofinnerpeace.net/Authors_Website/Home.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

An Excerpt from Voices of our Ancestors
    by Dbyani Ywahoo

http://www.shambhala.com/html/catalog/items/isbn/978-0-87773-410-9.cfm

Renewing the Sacred Hoop

"Without spiritual foundation there can be no society. Without spiritual practice confusion reigns. Even the softest prayer sends vibrations of prayer moving through the air, just as the guitar strings stir the piano's song. To call forth the voice and to sing in joy and harmony, to let the beauty flow in our hearts, is something all of our elders have talked about, saying to us, "Let us pray together, let us do things together,"...When we join our hearts in prayer, in singing, in sacred dancing, in planting things together, we are returning something to the Earth, planting seeds of good cause...The qualities of laughter, joy, and sorrow and our thoughts and actions weave the tapestry of life. Spiritual practice transforms ideas of conflict and develops perception of ourselves and the universe as energies, tones, complementary aspects seeking balance and resolution. There is a song in our hearts as a community of human beings...The song is of planetary peace, planetary cooperation. It is calling each of us to transform conflicting emotions, to reveal the inherent beatitude. Speak the best of yourself and others, recognize process and change and affirm the healing power of peaceful thought. Realize that our thoughts and actions shape tomorrow...Our hearts and the heart of the Earth are one."

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

The sun and the moon are reflected in clear, still water instantly.
    Similarly, the blessings of all the buddhas are always present
    for those who have complete confidence in them.
    The sun's rays fall everywhere uniformly,
    but only where they are focused through a magnifying glass can they set dry grass on fire.
    When the all-pervading rays of the Buddha's compassion are focused through the magnifying glass
    of your faith and devotion, the flame of blessings blazes up in your being.

~ Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

"I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Celebrity-Image-Bob-Marley--I-Quote---Wisdom--332239

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:00 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 2 Morali10

Eckhart Tolle talks About Morality

We sat down for a chat with Eckhart one afternoon and asked him some questions. In this issue, Eckhart reveals his thoughts on Morality.

Question: Most spiritual traditions have a strong emphasis on morality. What role does morality play in your teachings?

Eckhart Tolle: The main aim of this teaching is to transcend the Ego, the Ego being a false sense of self, a false sense of identity. Morality is important in many traditional teachings because those teachings have not gone beyond Ego, so they still function within the framework of the Ego.

If you live in a society that is inhabited by Egos, you need certain external rules of behavior and regulations so that there is not absolute chaos. What you need then is commandments, or laws that need to be in place so that the Ego does not create absolute chaos in the world. The emphasis of this teaching is to transcend the Ego so that a different state of consciousness arises, we call it “presence”.

Once this state of consciousness operates, external rules and regulations are not really needed anymore, because a knowing of what is right and wrong arises from within you, and you are no longer able to inflict suffering on others because the illusion of absolute separateness between who you are and who another human being is, has disappeared. You are no longer trapped in that illusion, so you know that ultimately, whatever you are doing to another, you are doing to yourself. Most importantly, there is love as the recognition of the other as yourself - the recognition of oneness. Once that is the basis of your life, you don’t need rules or regulations anymore because that arises directly and spontaneously from within you.

One could say that all you need to do is to be in that state of love, which is not conventional love, but the recognition of non-separation, recognition of the ultimate Oneness of all beings. Once that is there, then the right conduct flows naturally from within you. You don’t need to memorize the commandments anymore to tell you what’s right and wrong. The emphasis of this teaching is transcending the Ego, and once that’s done, morality arises from within. The emphasis of this teaching is not on morality because that comes as really the effect of the transformation. It is the effect of the inner transformation. The emphasis of this teaching is not on morality, but on something deeper, out of which true morality flows.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:38 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 pm