tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
Floyd
Ashera
JesterTerrestrial
Owlsden
We Are You
Troy Are Us
THEeXchanger
11 posters

TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

Floyd
    Floyd

TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things - Page 3 Empty Re: TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

Post  Floyd Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 pm

He that knows no guilt
    Can Know no fear

Massinger
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things - Page 3 Empty Re: TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 am

That is an interesting quote Floyd, thanks for sharing it :)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:43 am

Floyd wrote:He that knows no guilt
    Can Know no fear

Massinger

it is beautiful. vegetarians achieve that better state. and i believe Floyd knows more. :)
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

"you never change things by fighting the existing reality to change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete" - buckminister full
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Student says..."i am very discouraged.

What should i do ???" Elder/Master says, "encourage others"
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 pm

"We gather so that our future generations may survive through peace and balance.
    In our circle of life there is no beginning and no ending.
    The process of mending the sacred hoop continues.
    Our Prophecies tell us that we are at the crossroads.
    We are faced with either chaos and disaster, or we can unite spiritually in peace and harmony.
    It is time to bring the message of the need for peace throughout the world.”

-Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Lakota Nation,

Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe, Nineteenth Generation

and Founder of The World Peace and Prayer Day

photo from 2011 Oneriver Productions
    http://oneriverproductions.org/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you for the wisdom that is shared here and your love for our native brothers Susan.
    It has become clear to me over time that the legacy of the East's wisdom is the awakening of the soul to it's true freedom and that the one we are inheriting from our western native brothers is to put that soul as a common loving endeavor in all that is and specially our mother the Earth. What a beautifull marriage.

Love for You
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Chief Tecumseh's words of wisdom:
    So live your life that the fear of death can n...ever enter your heart.
    Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
    Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
    Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled
    with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep
    and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.
    Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.See More
    By: John T. Moss
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

"People think other things are more important than prayer, but they are mistaken."
    --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

... An Elder once said the most important thing you can do in the course of a day is to pray. If we get up late or oversleep, which is more important? Rush to work without praying or pray first and then go to work? The Elders say it's more important to pray. If we get angry, should we act on our anger or should we pray first? The Elders say it's more important to pray first. If, during the day, we face indecision, what should we do? PRAY. If, during the day, we become irritated or we experience fear, what should we do first? PRAY. The Warrior who prays first will lead a different life from those who pray last.

Great Spirit, teach me to pray first
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 am

Elder's Meditation of the Day April 3

"We know that in all creation, only the human family has strayed from the Sacred Way."
    --OJIBWA Prayer

... How have we gotten so far off track? What has happened to us? What is happening to our family? How did it happen so quickly? Every individual needs to answer these questions for themselves. What do we need to do to start living the Sacred Way again? Pray! Today I will start praying. I pray the Creator will lead all Native People to a great healing. I pray we'll be free from alcohol and drugs. I pray we will return to the culture, to spirituality and to unity.

My Mother, help us to heal ourselves. Make us strong again.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

" the pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service"| albert einstein
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

"They came with a Bible and their religion,
    stole our land, crushed our spirit,...
    and now tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved."
    -Chief Pontiac (Ottawa 1720-1769)
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:15 am

When we serve others, we ignite the spark within our souls that remind us who we... TRULY are!
    We are all in this together and it is with that wisdom that we should go forth in this world.
    I am you. You are me. We are we.
    When we can start living and breathing from this space,
    we can truly light up the world
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 am

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Albert Einstein

"imagine when The Dream, and, The Dreamer - are ONE and, the same" - susan lynne schwenger
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 am

"The person who doesn't fit in with our notions of who is worthy of our love -- the bag lady at the corner, the strange old man who rides through town on a three-wheel bike all strung up with flags -- is just the person who, by not fitting into our patterns, insists that we expand not only our views but also our capacity to love. Today, see if you can stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches no only those to whom you can give it easily, but also to those who need it so much."

-Daphne Rose Kingma

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 am

"What They did not want you to ever find out is that your generation, the generation born between 1980-1995, actually outnumbers the Baby Boomers. They knew that if you ever turned your eye towards political reform, you could change the world.

They tried to keep you sated on vapid television shows and vapid music. They cut off your education and fed you brain candy. They took away your music and gave you Top Ten pop stations. They cut off your art and replaced it with endless reality shows for you to plug into, hoping you would sit quietly by as They ran the world. I think They thought you were too dumb to notice.

Indeed, I thought They had won.

But I watched you occupy the capital of Wisconsin. I see you today as you occupy Wall Street. And I see a spark, a glimmer of the glorious new age that is yours. A changing of the guard, a guard that has stood for entirely too long and needs your young legs to take his place.

I watch you turn away from what is easy and stand up for what is right. I see you understand we as a society are only as strong as our weakest link. I see you wise beyond your years. And I am proud. Give ‘em hell, kids. You are beautiful."

-Kate Danley
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 am

Nothing in a caterpillar tells you it’s going to a butterfly. Buckminister Fuller

~ The past is nothing but potential waiting to be transformed.

Accept, release, forgive, claim, SOAR. Your life is full of beautiful possibilities.
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:29 pm

It is a beautiful quote, It was written by a scriptwriter \
    and was one of Johnny's many lines as an actor in the movie. It is:

“There are four questions of value in life...
    What is sacred?
    Of what is the spirit made?
    What is worth living for,
    and what is worth dying for?
    The answer to each is the same. Only love." [from Don Juan DeMarco (1994)]”

TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things - Page 3 0020JohnnyDepp
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the hearts and cools the sting.

Peter Allen

Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud.

Maya Angelou

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 am

If a lie told is big enough,
    most people will believe it;
    but if a truth told is great enough,
    almost no one will consider it.

Tony Bermanseder }

Last edited by THEeXchanger on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it wasn't the quote of helen - it was tony's quote)
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:04 am

And if I laugh at any mortal thing,
    'Tis that I may not weep.

Byron, Don Juan.
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:16 am

I like this quote of Susan's.

Many people, especially ignorant people
    want to punish you for speaking the truth
    for being correct, for being you.

Never apologize for being correct
    or for being years ahead of your time
    If you're right and you know it
    Speak your mind. Speak your mind.

Even if you are a minority of one
    the Truth is still the Truth.

Mohandas Ghandi

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Opinion of fool is useless
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:09 am

The dew of compassion is a tear.
    Byron
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm

correction to quote on this thread; to credit the 'real' author

If a lie told is big enough,
    most people will believe it;
    but if a truth told is great enough,
    almost no one will consider it.

Tony Bermanseder

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 am