tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

    Private Messages

    Share
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 23647
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Private Messages

    Post  Carol on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 pm

    I'm getting notifications in my regular email that I have a private
    message but the PM is not showing up in my inbox. I think Bobbie
    was referring to this as a problem yesterday as well. Any idea
    what may be happening as I've not altered any of my settings.
    avatar
    burgundia

    Posts : 5401
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Location : Poland

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  burgundia on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:26 pm

    Carol, I am not notified if someone has sent me a friendship request either...
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 23647
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Carol on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:19 pm

    You need to go to your profile and click on Preferences tab and then click on the option you want to use.


    1) By a website form 2) By email client software 3) No

    Option (2) you get your emails at home
    stating you have a PM. However, if you are at the forum and
    already checked your PMs and you receive an email it just means you
    already opened your PM. Note the time PM was sent and email sent
    ~ and see if they are the same. Or you can check your email
    before coming to the forum and you should be up to date. However,
    everytime you get a PM while at the forum you will also get an email.


    1) By a website form will just send you PM

    2) By email client software will look at line in usuer profile and send a email stating you have a PM

    3) No means you won't receive PMs or any
    mailings, or report a post to moderator. However, administrator
    can override this feature.

    We recommend you select the by a website form so as to avoid erronous mailings about PMs you've already dealt with.
    avatar
    NewParadigmGuy

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 60
    Location : New Hampshire, USA

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  NewParadigmGuy on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:08 pm

    I tried sending a PM today (to Carol, actually) and it says it was sent but has ended up in my "outbox" rather than my "sentbox". What is the difference between these 2 places? Did you get the message?
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 23647
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Carol on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 pm

    got it


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 19083
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  mudra on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 pm

    I have been notified today that I had a new private message .
    However when directed to my inbox there were no new messages for me ..

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 23647
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Carol on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 am

    Hi Mudra, I'm not sure what is going on with that. Is your in box full.
    Mercuriel is busy with family business and not available to sort this
    out just now but perhaps later he can assist.


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Floyd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 am

    Mudra..your message was from the invisible man.. If he turns up here today can you tell i cant see him!
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 23647
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Carol on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 pm

    The invisible man paid me a visit as well mudra. C'est la vie.

    hola!


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    anomalous cowherd

    Posts : 611
    Join date : 2010-04-14

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  anomalous cowherd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 pm

    me too
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 19083
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  mudra on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:24 pm

    LOL now we have a ghost in the Mists .

    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 19083
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  mudra on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 pm

    edited has problem solved in the meantime

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    Reunite

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2010-09-03

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Reunite on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:40 pm

    NewParadigmGuy wrote:I tried sending a PM today (to Carol, actually) and it says it was sent but has ended up in my "outbox" rather than my "sentbox". What is the difference between these 2 places? Did you get the message?

    As soon as you sent a PM it will appear in your 'outbox'

    The moment the recipient opens the message it will appear in your 'sentbox'

    It's a good little way to see if your friend has read your message.

    Rimbaud
    Inactive

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2010-08-01
    Age : 57
    Location : Cauterets, France

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Rimbaud on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 pm

    Reunite wrote:
    NewParadigmGuy wrote:I tried sending a PM today (to Carol, actually) and it says it was sent but has ended up in my "outbox" rather than my "sentbox". What is the difference between these 2 places? Did you get the message?

    As soon as you sent a PM it will appear in your 'outbox'

    The moment the recipient opens the message it will appear in your 'sentbox'

    It's a good little way to see if your friend has read your message.

    Are you deleting my and Dom777's posts?
    avatar
    Reunite

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2010-09-03

    Re: Private Messages

    Post  Reunite on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:42 am

    Rimbaud wrote:
    Reunite wrote:
    NewParadigmGuy wrote:I tried sending a PM today (to Carol, actually) and it says it was sent but has ended up in my "outbox" rather than my "sentbox". What is the difference between these 2 places? Did you get the message?

    As soon as you sent a PM it will appear in your 'outbox'

    The moment the recipient opens the message it will appear in your 'sentbox'

    It's a good little way to see if your friend has read your message.

    Are you deleting my and Dom777's posts?

    scratch

    I think you have me confused with somebody else

      Current date/time is Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 pm