tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
Jenetta
Carol
mudra
TRANCOSO
Floyd
Mercuriel
10 posters

Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17...

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17... Empty Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17...

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 pm

When I had originally set up this Forum after Our Invisionfree Forum went down - The URL for It HAD been ;

http://www.themistsofavalon.heavenforum.org

Now within the Admin Interface only - There is a Page under the General Tabby that allows the Admin - If It is set up - To choose an Alternate Name for the removing of the .heavenforum.org part of the URL and substituting what the Admin then submits as the New URL.

It was only after about a Month or so of getting this Forum up and running that We did this with the URL and then later on (Approx. Two Months later) I purchsed the URL (To own It so no one else could but Us as a Security measure).

Therefore - themistsofavalon.net URL - Originally Hosted by Forumotion.com at that time - Became Ours and We then began Administering It for Us alone.

-//-

This was and is in preparation for widening the Site up soon but this is a separate Issue and will be discussed in another Thread.

-//-

So with the above said what occured on 2011/03/17 was the following...

The URL - http://www.themistsofavalon.heavenforum.org - Was about to expire (26 Days) and since the Forum We are at currently is at that Address with a redirect through the Admin Interface to http://www.themistsofavalon.net - It had to be renewed so the Site would not be Deleted If It expired.

When I did this through the Admin Interface early this Morning - It kept saying to Me after doing It...

Validating...

Validating...

Validating...

And so as I was very tired and not feeling at all that well then - I went to Bed and wokeup with the Situation I am now detailing to You All...

As soon as I got up - I called Carol to see what was happening and as I came out of My Fog I realized then what was occuring. I asked Carol for the OLD URL which I knew the Forum would still be Up under and She gave It to Me. This was where StarGazer came to the Rescue because while I should have remembered this URL - Or had It saved - I did not ATM. This was due to some recent PC Issues I've had recently with a Laptop and Older Desktop that I'd had but as that Info was there and not on My New PC - I was hooped as to the previous Orignal URL.

StarGazer however was not hooped as He had remembered the Original URL and had Posted It over at Camelot apparently whenm this had occured and this is what We all need to thank Him for.

He helped make It a small Issue and once easily fized as I could get back to the Site and reset what had gone wrong but exclusive of that - I'd still be dealing with Forumotion's Admins to get It back from Them.

Now to finish off - All I had to do to get this back to how It had been previously was to go back into the Admin Interface - To the General Tabby and re-insert the applicable Information. Once that was done - We were back up...

With that said - All questions are welcome and will be answered in the best way I can.

JT

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17... Empty Re: Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17...

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Mercuriel wrote:When I had originally set up this Forum after Our Invisionfree Forum went down - The URL for It HAD been ;

http://www.themistsofavalon.heavenforum.org

Now within the Admin Interface only - There is a Page under the General Tabby that allows the Admin - If It is set up - To choose an Alternate Name for the removing of the .heavenforum.org part of the URL and substituting what the Admin then submits as the New URL.

It was only after about a Month or so of getting this Forum up and running that We did this with the URL and then later on (Approx. Two Months later) I purchsed the URL (To own It so no one else could but Us as a Security measure).

Therefore - themistsofavalon.net URL - Originally Hosted by Forumotion.com at that time - Became Ours and We then began Administering It for Us alone.

-//-

This was and is in preparation for widening the Site up soon but this is a separate Issue and will be discussed in another Thread.

-//-

So with the above said what occured on 2011/03/17 was the following...

The URL - http://www.themistsofavalon.heavenforum.org - Was about to expire (26 Days) and since the Forum We are at currently is at that Address with a redirect through the Admin Interface to http://www.themistsofavalon.net - It had to be renewed so the Site would not be Deleted If It expired.

When I did this through the Admin Interface early this Morning - It kept saying to Me after doing It...

Validating...

Validating...

Validating...

And so as I was very tired and not feeling at all that well then - I went to Bed and wokeup with the Situation I am now detailing to You All...

As soon as I got up - I called Carol to see what was happening and as I came out of My Fog I realized then what was occuring. I asked Carol for the OLD URL which I knew the Forum would still be Up under and She gave It to Me. This was where StarGazer came to the Rescue because while I should have remembered this URL - Or had It saved - I did not ATM. This was due to some recent PC Issues I've had recently with a Laptop and Older Desktop that I'd had but as that Info was there and not on My New PC - I was hooped as to the previous Orignal URL.

StarGazer however was not hooped as He had remembered the Original URL and had Posted It over at Camelot apparently whenm this had occured and this is what We all need to thank Him for.

He helped make It a small Issue and once easily fized as I could get back to the Site and reset what had gone wrong but exclusive of that - I'd still be dealing with Forumotion's Admins to get It back from Them.

Now to finish off - All I had to do to get this back to how It had been previously was to go back into the Admin Interface - To the General Tabby and re-insert the applicable Information. Once that was done - We were back up...

With that said - All questions are welcome and will be answered in the best way I can.

JT

Cheers Mercman..but why did stargazer know the other info? Who is he. he never posts here? Until Steve started to bite the bullet. Is there something we should know!!!
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17... Empty Re: Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17...

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Hes obviously an Interested Lurker or was until He posted but He just happened to have that URL from the Incarnational Days of this Forum.

I have It too as a Text File Entry on the Computers that I have down now. This is WHY I wasn't able to remember It plus I was asleep apparently being the only One of the AdMods here Who had known what to do.

Its chance Bro - Or Spirit I'll say and It shows that SG had the Spirit to remember this for Us all...

Wink

TY SG...

JT

Last edited by Mercuriel on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Floyd wrote:Cheers Mercman..but why did stargazer know the other info? Who is he. he never posts here? Until Steve started to bite the bullet. Is there something we should know!!!
    Why don't you ask him at the Camelot Forum?

Thnx Merc!
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 pm

That said - Anchor and Carol now know what to do by the Explantion above and so if They have further questions - I am sure They will ask Me in the AdMod Sub-forums...

Wink

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    Floyd wrote:Cheers Mercman..but why did stargazer know the other info? Who is he. he never posts here? Until Steve started to bite the bullet. Is there something we should know!!!
    Why don't you ask him at the Camelot Forum?

Thnx Merc!

They have enough problems of their own.

I never remember that url being made public..but I did disappear for a while
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Stargazer joined us on the invision forum while also being on PA2 .Later he also joined us in the beginning days of our new forum . Although registered here his own path led him to choose to become a mod in Camelot and so we rarely saw him here .
    In reality he is part of our soul family and one of these people that always kept his Heart open to his brothers and sisters no matter where they are now scattered.
    Stargazer is a good guy .
    I wish we would see more of him here Wink

Thanks to You Star to have made our day easier .
    And Thank You Mercuriel for taking the time to clear things up and also to fixed everything in no time.
    I had no doubt the Mists were well anchored and I see no reason for them to be swayed away from their course.

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Floyd wrote:but I did disappear for a while

Isn't that when You went in for the Upgrade ?

Recent Interruption of Service for the Mists of Avalon - 2011/03/17... Big_big_buck_bunny

Musical

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 pm

mudra wrote:Stargazer joined us on the invision forum while also being on PA2 .Later he also joined us in the beginning days of our new forum . Although registered here his own path led him to choose to become a mod in Camelot and so we rarely saw him here .
    In reality he is part of our soul family and one of these people that always kept his Heart open to his brothers and sisters no matter where they are now scattered.

And Thank You Mercuriel for taking the time to clear things up and also to have fixed everything .
    I had no doubt the Mists were well anchored and I see no reason for them to be swayed away from their course.

Love from me
    mudra

I dont doubt any of this
    I do not recall that heaven.thing being posted anywhere. On the old forum or the new one.

Last edited by Floyd on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Floyd wrote:
    I do not recall that heavean.thing being posted anywhere

Never mind Floyd I don't recall it either Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Just wanted to say Thank You to Carol and Anchor too

Your dedication is much appreciated here .
    I love you admin mods .

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm

mudra wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    I do not recall that heavean.thing being posted anywhere

Never mind Floyd I don't recall it either Wink

Love from me
    mudra

So basically the backup address of this website was known by stargazer and none of its members?
    Id love to be wrong,
    I cant find it anywhere.
    I love transparency..thats why I hang out on nudist beaches.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Hmm, I used to hang out at nudist beaches. However I did wear a very wide brimmed hat and dark sun glasses.

I had the other url bookmarked in my lists and sent it to those whose skype addresses I had. Next time a mass emailing.. actually, the newsletter coming out shortly will have listed just in case.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Floyd wrote:
    mudra wrote:Stargazer joined us on the invision forum while also being on PA2 .Later he also joined us in the beginning days of our new forum . Although registered here his own path led him to choose to become a mod in Camelot and so we rarely saw him here .

And Thank You Mercuriel for taking the time to clear things up and also to have fixed everything .

Love from me
    mudra

I dont doubt any of this
    I do not recall that heaven.thing being posted anywhere. On the old forum or the new one.

Floyd, remember the little link on our welcome page to the sister site? Once can access the heaven forum from the sister side by just clicking on the other picture of Mists welcome page there.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Carol wrote:Hmm, I used to hang out at nudist beaches. However I did wear a very wide brimmed hat and dark sun glasses.

I had the other url bookmarked in my lists and sent it to those whose skype addresses I had. Next time a mass emailing.. actually, the newsletter coming out shortly will have listed just in case.

Yes thats a better approach to include everyone and inform. Especially in these times..the super duper moon is even making me feel moody. I saw a road rage thing goin on tonight and just thought..moon!

Just wait til it moves its orbit in mid to late december 2012. Then you will really see it do its thing. Its hold on conciousness and the planet is remarkable.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Floyd wrote:

So basically the backup address of this website was known by stargazer and none of its members?
    Id love to be wrong,
    I cant find it anywhere.
    I love transparency..thats why I hang out on nudist beaches.

Bro - Please stop seeing Shadows where there are none.

THAT WAS the Original Primary URL Address of this Forum as it opened - Seriously - Like I've said already a couple of times now. I HAD It Myself but that was on - Now Corrupt PCs I can't access anymore. Thats why I didn't have It and while others didn't too - Its not My Bad as They'd obviously forgotten about It and didn't have It saved as an Address in some Form the same as Me. I mean how am I supposed to explain for all of the Members that changed/updated Their own URL once It was configured as I've detailed already ? I can't - All I can tell You is what I DO know. This I have done.

TRUTH Period Brother. All is well. I don't know what else to say to You...

Blink

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Its ok man..I wrote this. We need to keep each other informed always..im just being mooned

Carol wrote:Hmm, I used to hang out at nudist beaches. However I did wear a very wide brimmed hat and dark sun glasses.

Yes thats a better approach to include everyone and inform. Especially in these times..the super duper moon is even making me feel moody. I saw a road rage thing goin on tonight and just thought..moon!

Just wait til it moves its orbit in mid to late december 2012. Then you will really see it do its thing. Its hold on conciousness and the planet is remarkable.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I had a Junior Co-worker try to put His Hands on Me in Violence yesterday so I know what You mean.

Wink

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Floyd wrote:Its ok man..I wrote this. We need to keep each other informed always..im just being mooned
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Mercuriel wrote:I had a Junior Co-worker try to put His Hands on Me in Violence yesterday so I know what You mean.

Wink

Shame on him .. I will not allow anyone to lay violent hands on my Brother Wink

JT

Love from me
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah well We got into a heated discussion about some things that are occuring at Work and as a Junior Employee He was telling Me basically how It is and thats a no-no. I said as much being the 25 Year Guy and while I used colorful language to some extent doing that - He got violently angry.

As I saw this - I got up from My Chair and moved into a Neutral position as My training taught Me - And faced Him telling Him He was wrong. He yelled at Me - I replied with as much Force but no more and stood My Ground. He got up from His Chair - Closed the Distance and grabbed Me by My Work Vest just about where You would see Lappels If I'd had them. As He did this - I pivoted My hips to get My groin out of the way and I came over top with My Hands and clasped His Wrists - Locking Them down onto My Chest so I had control.

Blink

Two other Co-workers intervened and separated Us but there never was a chance He'd ever Hit Me. I am trained too well but to be Initiating a Violent altercation was not My intent nor My Training and so I Grappled - Locked - and then Released...

In those Split seconds I thought - "To have a Physical Fight gets Us both Days off. To Grapple with Him has Him having Days off and Me keeping My Job because I de-escalated things and did not intiate the Physical contact."

Now while in the aftermath I told this Person to never put Their F'ing Hands on Me again or I'd charge Them with Assault - I did say to Him also that I wouldn't ask the Boss to punish Him for It as We had come to an "agreement" of sorts. That said - I did Inform the Boss though. Had to...

CYA (Cover Your Arse)...

Wink

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Yeah well We got into a heated discussion about some things that are occuring at Work and as a Junior Employee He was telling Me basically how It is and thats a no-no. I said as much being the 25 Year Guy and while I used colorful language to some extent doing that - He got violently angry.

As I saw this - I got up from My Chair and moved into a Neutral position as My training taught Me - And faced Him telling Him He was wrong. He yelled at Me - I replied with as much Force but no more and stood My Ground. He got up from His Chair - Closed the Distance and grabbed Me by My Work Vest just about where You would see Lappels If I'd had them. As He did this - I pivoted My hips to get My groin out of the way and I came over top with My Hands and clasped His Wrists - Locking Them down onto My Chest so I had control.

Blink

Two other Co-workers intervened and separated Us but there never was a chance He'd ever Hit Me. I am trained too well but to be Initiating a Violent altercation was not My intent nor My Training and so I Grappled - Locked - and then Released...

In those Split seconds I thought - "To have a Physical Fight gets Us both Days off. To Grapple with Him has Him having Days off and Me keeping My Job because I de-escalated things and did not intiate the Physical contact."

Now while in the aftermath I told this Person to never put Their F'ing Hands on Me again or I'd charge Them with Assault - I did say to Him also that I wouldn't ask the Boss to punish Him for It as We had come to an "agreement" of sorts. That said - I did Inform the Boss though. Had to...

CYA (Cover Your Arse)...

Wink
    I've had a big authority problem ever since I was a child, - I've been expelled from 5 schools - so I'm glad I don't have to deal with Co-workers & Bosses. It would drive me 'round the bend.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Mercuriel wrote:

There is quite a bit of electricity in the air these days .
    I imagine it had to explode and ease off somewhere .
    I consider this other guy lucky to have been able to do it while facing you .
    You handled it well and saved him some bruises and broken bones.
    Someone else may not have have treated him with so much self mastery .

Wink

Well done.

Love from me
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Much Love to You Dear Sister. TY - I do feel as If It was a Win over Polarity. My Negative Days are truly behind Me and I have in a way - Earned My Self-Mastery...

Enlightened

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:12 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    I've had a big authority problem ever since I was a child, - I've been expelled from 5 schools - so I'm glad I don't have to deal with Co-workers & Bosses. It would drive me 'round the bend.

LOL TRAN :)
    I haven't been expelled from any school and was often considered an angel.
    But I was always the first ( if not the only one ) to stand in front of abuse of authority and plain stupidity.
    I would'nt be surprised many of us here can relate to this and that's probably why we have chosen to be in the Mists.
    I also have my own business and have no co-workers . My only experience of working in a team under a boss was in Scientology and even them never managed to make me do what I did'nt want .
    I am sure or hope that there are some good bosses around though ... the kind of people that drive the spirits up of their team .These are of great value.

Love from me
    mudra

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm