tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Sprouting, and a Contest

Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Sprouting, and a Contest Empty Sprouting, and a Contest

Post  Nenuphar Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 am

Hello, everyone!

I am taking a chance by *gasp* posting a link to my personal blog below. Wink

My latest entry features a sprouting seed company I love, and I am holding a contest that is open to residents of Canada and the USA. The folks at Conscious Media Network actually put a direct link on their site to mine. Talk about going from being reprimanded in one place to being supported in another! I love you

The prize is a $25 gift certificate to this business's online store, and the method of entry is to leave a relevant comment below the blog article.

If you enjoy gardening and/or sprouting, I hope you'll take a moment to drop by, look around, and enter the contest, if you wish.

http://truenorthtreasures.blogspot.com/

Have a great day! *off to make a pot of tea*

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Sprouting, and a Contest Empty Re: Sprouting, and a Contest

Post  Carol Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 am

OMG, you're an answer to a prayer Nenuphar. I was just thinking this past couple of weeks and put out to the Universe wanting to get more into sprouting and finding people that are into gardening. Thank you, thank you, thank you! cheers

Now I know where I can order my organic seeds from.

Last edited by Carol on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:45 am

That's wonderful, Carol! I have to say, I have placed several orders with them over the past few years and have always been very pleased with their product and with their excellent customer service. Double Thumbs Up

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 am

I'm having a field day going through all of their products. What a great blog with great links. I like the beeswax candles too. I just bought a couple of bee hives, sans bees right now and plan to put them in the garden too. This really is exciting. Yesterday when I went out to water this huge purple egg plant had fallen, there were to red tomatoes, passion fruit and two strawberries. On the way back to the house was an egg one of the chickens had laid. Lunch and dinner. Today I'll check on the tangerine and orange trees. This is the first year everything is producing, even the avacado trees that have been growing for the past 6 years. I'm hoping for the macadamia nut trees to at least do a few nuts this year. I did spot figs on the fig tree and there are baby apples and blossoms on the apple trees we planted last year. There is something about realling living off the fresh organic produce that makes my heart sing. It's still a battle with the white moths on my 4 little broccoli plants that I check on outside the sliding glass door on the deck and I noticed the spinach bolting so I suspect it needs some nutrients and to be cut back. It too is on the deck with the lettuce and garlic.

I would love to know what others are doing with container gardening. Sprouting is next on my list.

Super Sprouts Could Help Reduce Cancer Risk - 21st June 2004
    Tasty new weapon in fight against disease

A few forkfuls of sprouted vegetables could help protect against cancer, new research by Professor Ian Rowland and Chris Gill has shown.

Eating just over 100 grams of tasty sprouted vegetables every day for a fortnight has been shown to have clear protective effects against DNA damage in human blood cells, according to the researchers.

“DNA damage is associated with cancer risk. Sources of DNA damage include diet-related carcinogens, and bodily processes like oxidative stress – and the raw sprouts protect against this kind of damage.

“And just a portion – 113 grammes - per day of a mix of broccoli, radish, alfalfa and clover sprouts was enough in our tests to show the protective effect,” said Professor Rowland.

Professor Rowland’s research is to be published this summer in Cancer, Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, a respected academic journal of research in the field.

The findings were presented today at BioIreland 2004, – Stepping Stones To Success, a major all Ireland biotechnology conference being held at the University’s of Ulster’s Coleraine campus from June 20-22.

Scientists, politicians, enterprise agency representatives and venture capital finance experts from the US, Europe and beyond are at the University of Ulster’s Coleraine campus for the conference, showcasing the strengths and business opportunities opening up for the island’s burgeoning biotechnology sector.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Just placed my order. The prices are very reasonable. And they even show you how to do it.

Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Isn't that great? I agree that their prices seem very reasonable. I also love that they have a "glossary" of sorts describing each type of sprout and then also give a description of how to sprout at home in text form and in a video! Isn't it wonderful that something that started as a sideline to supplement their farming income has grown into a thriving family business.

Harp Nenuphar
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Actually, I'm very excited and looking forward to the kit and seeds. I did order the books secondhand from Amazon.com which were a whole lot cheaper. In fact, I now purchase almost all of my books secondhand at great prices. One was less then $1 and I just pay shipping which still is a good deal as shipping is very reasonable.

And I'm so happy you came here and posted the link as this was exactly what I was looking for and wanting to do as the next project on my list.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am